Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JPatel17
Message 1 of 7

No more Monthly Payment Plan!?!?!?

Hello,

I have been a customer of BT for many years and I thought I would show even more loyalty by ordering a BT Mobile Plan (£10/month) which I did on the 13th of this month to add to my existing BT Phone & Broadband service. Here is where the problem seems to have began. I paid my line rental in full on September 2015 to take advantage of the Line Rental Saver and I was on a monthly payment plan of £15.50/month taken ~15th of every month. The payment was also taken this month on the 15th. Now since I ordered BT Mobile on the 13th, my direct debit seems to have reverted back to a regular whole bill plan but I want it back on a fixed monthly payment plan of £26/month which would cover the new BT mobile plan I have and it would be easier to budget my account.

I have used the online chat twice now to try and have this setup but each person has given me 2 different reasons why they can't do it which has left me confused and upset. The first person said that I can't be put on a monthly payment plan because I now have BT Mobile and it's BT's policy which makes absolutely no sense to me.  The second person said that I can't be put on because I have paid my line rental in full for 12 months which again makes no sense because I have been doing that for the past 2 years and I have always been on a fixed monthly payment plan.

Can someone knowledgable please guide me on how I can have a fixed monthly payment plan setup again? I am starting to feel that ordering a BT Mobile plan has been a great mistake, I have never had this much hassle with BT before.

Thank You

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: No more Monthly Payment Plan!?!?!?

@JPatel17 Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I'm sorry this was not made clear when you contacted our chat helpdesk. I can clarify you can't have the monthly payment plan direct debit with Line rental saver. It is our policy to only accept monthly whole billed direct debit payments when you have this type of line rental.  

This will mean that you will get a bill each month and the full amount of the bill is collected 10 days later and you can't fix the payment amount taken with this type of direct debit. I'm sorry if this is not the answer you were looking for but regrettably we will not be able to set this up for you whilst you have the line rental saver option on your account.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
JPatel17
Message 3 of 7

Hello NeilO,

Thanks for the quick response. May I know when this policy was implemented because I was on a monthly payment plan with line rental saver until this month when I was automatically kicked off when I ordered BT Mobile?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

I believe that by agreeing to BT mobile, you have to agree to monthly whole bill direct debit. I expect its done to avoid people running up large debts. Also the allowances reset once a month.

0 Ratings
JPatel17
Message 5 of 7

Hello Keith,

Thanks for your insight however if it's true it still doesn't make sense to me to exclude BT Mobile as the same could be said about landlines call charges or charges for going over a bandwidth cap on a broadband plan.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Its probably the way that the BT Mobile billing system is set up.

To be honest, the Monthly Payment Plan get a lot of criticism on this forum, owing to the large advance payments that BT sometimes require.

See https://community.bt.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=monthly+payment+plan#

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@JPatel17 It's the line rental saver policy and as far as I know this has always been the case since the service was introduced. It's also part of the BT Mobile policy so it's possible you were left on monthly payment plan in error and making the change to your plan by adding BT mobile has prompted the system to update correctly. I appreciate where you are coming from but it is not something we can change back.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings