cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SophUK
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

No service - Going round in circles with HH4

Received a router on 6Dec and assumed a plug and play. Called helpline multiple times to go through the line check, waited 24 hours and check again. Also followed all instructions re broadband filters. Helpline will not offer any solution and I cannot get them to book an engineer. Hub light just keeps flashing orange. Also, ethernet cable doesn't work.

What does this mean? This is for my grandmother and she is so upset she wants to cancel as no service is being delivered. Or at least get an engineer to have a look. Can a BT employer respond please? Awful customer service. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: No service - Going round in circles with HH4

Once the Forum Mods have read your post they will post an invite here once you reply to them they will take personal ownership of the problem until resolved.
Do not send them a Personal Message as this is the incorrect contact method and cannot be properly tracked also the mod contacted may not be on shift for sometime and this will delay your help

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them
They will contact you personally by email or phonemod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

This is a BT customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT. The only BT staff are the forum moderators who do not necessarily read all the posts.

If the Homehub light is flashing orange it means that your broadband is not connecting.

Switch everything off and check that you have the cables pluged into the correct sockets and into your computer. If this doesn't solve it you will need to report a fault.

What do you mean the Ethernet cable doesn't work. If you are not getting a connection as per the flashing orange light, nothing is connecting so no data would be going to your computer or have you tested the cable on a working connection.

See link for what the lights mean.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44266/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzg4NTk4NTkzL3NpZC8tVmh...

0 Ratings
SophUK
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Thank you - fngers crossed I will get help from a moderator.

I have tried to report a fault but the contact centre won't let me! They just say that they have to follow procedure and go through the line testing - again and again and again 😞

I am reluctant to pay for a local engineer to have a look but fear this is the only way - seeing as I am now tied into a contract with no working connection 😞 x 10

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Do not get a local engineer. If you are certain you have plugged it all in correctly there is nothing else you or an engineer can do. The problem will be either at the local cabinet or exchange that only BT will be able to resolve.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

the mods will most likely post here tomorrow morning giving you their contact link
Message 7 of 7

Hi SophUK,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I'm very sorry about the problems with your grandmother's broadband and I'll be happy to help you get this sorted if you send me the BT account info using the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You