cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteelFusion
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Non-BT Customer in North America - Receiving mysterious collection emails from BT

I am not and have never been a BT customer, and I registered this account just to make this post.

Months ago, I received a couple of emails about a new account that had been established with BT using my email address. I tried to respond to alert BT that this email address had been used in error, but was unsuccessful.

Recently, I have received more emails from BT and a UK debt collection agency (Moorcroft Group) stating that there is an outstanding balance that has been passed to said collections agency.

Again, I have never been a BT customer, and have never lived in the UK. What is going on? Can anyone here help with this?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Non-BT Customer in North America - Receiving mysterious collection emails from BT

I'm asking the forum moderators (BT staff) if they can help with this, and they will post contact info here later. They may well need more than simply the email address to identify the account so any details contained in the messages you've received could be helpful.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 3 of 3

Re: Non-BT Customer in North America - Receiving mysterious collection emails from BT

Hi @SteelFusion 

Welcome and thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry for the confusion.  I have sent you a private message.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings