cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IanF92
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Non delivery of bt hub on date of connection

I was supposed to go live today but my bt hub has not been delivered and when I check the tracking info it says there is no info on this. Has anyone else had the same problem and if so how was it resolved? I'm currently meant to be teaching online so this is putting my job at risk and is very urgent.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Non delivery of bt hub on date of connection

Call BT 0800.800.150 and ask what has happened. 

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

@IanF92 

Welcome to this user forum.

It seems to be a common problem at the moment.

There are a few other people in the same situation due to lack of stock, that may be the reason.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Not-a-great-start/m-p/2120616#M183228

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/BT-equipment-delayed-due-to-go-live/m-p/2119756#M132007

Provided you have dial tone on your phone line, and have an FTTC (Fibre 1 or 2) connection, then the third party router suggested in those threads, should get you online.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Alternatively tether your mobile.

0 Ratings
sjanes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

they tend to use Royal Tracked, have you tracked the number? format is AB123456789GB. 

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 6 of 10

@sjaneswrote:

they tend to use Royal Tracked, have you tracked the number? format is AB123456789GB. 

Hubs are not sent recorded, Youview boxes are.

Royal Mail have apologised for the delays 3 days ago, see Royal Mail delays blamed on 'exceptional' volumes of post 

Royal Mail has acknowledged delays to its deliveries amid "exceptionally high volumes" of post and anti-Covid measures.

Despite "exhaustive planning", some customers may be experiencing "slightly longer delivery timescales" than normal, the postal group said.

It came as people complained of late or missed deliveries.

Retailers including John Lewis, Boots and HMV have also blamed Royal Mail for delivery delays.

0 Ratings
sjanes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

bt use royal mail tracked not recorded. with royal mail tracked you can track the item through the network. go to royalmail.com and put in the tracking number. it will show where it is in the network. i used to work for royal mail, so i know how they work 🙂

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

@sjanes wrote:

bt use royal mail tracked not recorded. with royal mail tracked you can track the item through the network. go to royalmail.com and put in the tracking number. it will show where it is in the network. i used to work for royal mail, so i know how they work 🙂

How do you propose the OP does this when he stated in message one " I check the tracking info it says there is no info on this" ?

0 Ratings
sjanes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

i assume you have got the tracking number from bt under track you order and its in the format of (AB123456789GB). if you like, is it possible to post your tracking number on here and i may be able to check it for you. other than that.....

0 Ratings
sorix
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Call them to make sure they actually ordered it and sent it. The way it happened to me, they said they would send it. 3 days later, I call to ask where it was. They said it hasn’t been posted yet and to give it another couple of days. Call again in a couple of days, turns out it had never been ordered... 

0 Ratings