cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Non existent bill

Go to solution

Hi,I left broadband contract after Bill increases in August 2018 without penalty and paid every thing that was owed and bt overcharged me,they cancelled my contract but couple of weeks later sent a five hundred pound Bill which when I phoned bt said was a mistake and they would sort it,they did this repeatedly,during seven months bt launched four investigations which said I owed nothing but senior bt manager overturned every investigation and bt then destroyed my credit rating and sold my personal details to bailiff company who increased t he imaginary debt and it was only when I contacted ceo Gavin Patterson they finally restored my credit rating and stopped persecution,bt said they have never made this mistake before I don't believe them if they have done this to you how was it resolved,I've asked bt for a written apology,what they will do to stop this happening to other vulnerable and disabled customers and reasonable offer of compensation,they have refused all,thank you for your time reading the problems in having with bt

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Non existent bill

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @Jimmy3 Welcome to the forum and sorry that you have had these problems. You mention that you have already been in touch with Gavin's team and they have fixed your credit rating. When were you last in touch with them and has your complaint been closed?

Post back and let me know and I'll explain what step you should take next.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

Yes it has been closed,elc said seven months of hell was due to computer not updating and apologised for this,we'll a computer does not take seven months to update,I got bt info request which said a bt manager was overuling bt investigations so elc lied so not an apology,I asked what bt was going to do to stop this happening to other disabled and vulnerable customers and they said nothing,I asked for an offer of compensation and they said they would give me nothing not even costs of about thirty hours of phone calls sorting bt errors,bt will not give a written apology with what there apologising for,it is now with bt legal team who are taking advantage of my disabilities by dragging this out as long as they can,I am disgusted by how bt treat vulnerable customers and I will not rest until I get an apology on paper that's not full of ridiculous lies

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @Jimmy3  thank you for getting back to me. I'm sorry you remain unhappy and you have had to take your complaint higher and it's with the legal team. As your case has been taken higher there is nothing the moderation team can do to help at this stage. I wish you all the best and hope that a resolution to complaint can be reached.

Thanks
John 

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

That's ok john,I tried for six months from lowest level to the ceo himself and they still can't sort this out and it's still ongoing,I was posting because bt had said this has never happened before so will not put any protections in place,the subtext suggested not cost effective,and was wondering whether bt had in fact done this before and if they have how was it resolved,I appreciate your quick response though

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Bt selling personal data to company's for profit

Go to solution

Hi,bt sold my address and telephone and data to bpo collections without my permission,are they allowed to sell your details to outside company's for profit,is this something they routinely do,I can't find an answer to this question if you know please tell me

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

Re: Bt selling personal data to company's for profit

Go to solution

BPO collections are a debt recovery service  are/were BT trying to recover a debt from you?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Re: Bt selling personal data to company's for profit

Go to solution

Bt said I owed £500 and over seven months done four investigations saying it was a complete bt mistake and I owed nothing,so when they sold my personal details it was on there systems they done investigations that said I owed nothing,my personal info is my property and can't be sold without my permission , bt knew about there mistake in August 2018,I have been trying to find info because Cambridge analytica was prosecuted for selling people's private info,does bt have exemptions from following the law?

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Why are bt trying to hide questions

Go to solution

I posted question about a bill and a question about data protection ,two totally different things,why has it been merged with an earlier question instead of standing alone,if you don't like my questions tell bt to stop doing naughty things to there customers because burying people's questions make me wonder if this is an open forum or only what bt wants,please restore my question so it is easy to find thank you

0 Ratings