Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deanarcangel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Not Off To A Good Start With BT

Hi there,

I ordered BT phone and broadband nearly 3 weeks ago but was told there was no phone line in the property so one would have to be installed (fair enough) , so the date for the engineer was today the 17th of december between 8am and 1pm.

I was up and about at half seven this morning waiting for the engineer ect and at around half past 8 i hear a noise outside like a van door closing , i look out and see a bt open reach van driving off.

An hour later i think i hope that wasnt our engineer gone off so i check my bt account and find that he had returned the job and i now had to reschedule the appointment, 

I had asked when i booked the appointment that the engineer calls me when he arrives or is on his way due to some confusion from our letting agents over the proper address as we have just moved in ie was it flat 1 or not ect,

We received no such call and from what i can make out he stood at the door ringing a door bell that doesnt work but rather then knocking like most people would or calling he just got in his van cancelled the job and went on his way .

I called BT to find out what was going on and they told me that even though he didnt knock or call they would have to reschedule because he stated in his notes the colour of the gate being brown and the door being white which ment that he had turned up and we were in the wrong for not being at the premises and an escalation would not work.

They then inform me that the next available date is the 3rd of january another 2 weeks away!.

The lady i spoke to at customer services said we can use the bt wifi spot as we live in one but you can only use one of your laptops so as me and my partner both own one and use it so she or me will be with out that but that i can deal with tbh.

But i have 2 kids and not having a phone for another 2 weeks is not good, what happens if my mobile isnt working and i need to call someone because of an emergency? oh yes i cant and i will have to run down the road to the phone box due to the fact the engineer couldnt knock or call ?

The complete lack of communication is disgusting and its the customer that gets penalised for the fact that no common sense was used on the part of the engineer.

Im sorry for the rant but its not the greatest of starts with bt as a new customer.

Even though i know its not the company itself or the customer service team i delt with as they were extremely understanding and apologetic its the installation team them selves but still it doesnt send a good message to new customers as i would imagine most people would of cancelled there order and looked else where or do what i have done and suck it up and now wait the extra 2 weeks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Not Off To A Good Start With BT

Once the Forum Mods have read your post they will post an invite here once you reply to them they will take personal ownership of the problem until resolved.
Do not send them a Personal Message as this is the incorrect contact method and cannot be properly tracked also the mod contacted may not be on shift for sometime and this will delay your help

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them
They will contact you personally by email or phone  

mod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
deanarcangel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for the reply hopefully something can be sorted as its very frustrating not having any phone line and its costing a lot of money having to call them from my pay as you go mobile

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 4 of 6

Hi deanarcangel,

If you fill out the contact us link in the about me section of my profile we can take a look at this for you.
cheers,
Chris
BT mod team
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
deanarcangel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Thank you i have sent a message through the contact the mods section 

deanarcangel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

And to top it all off and i have to say this has really got to me is the fact that i just googled the number we have been given by BT because everytime i used it to call bt they had a different name on the account and it is on a list of people that are in the BNP .........wth? 

I am not a BNP member and never will be i in no way agree with what they are about and never will but now if we keep that number we will more then likely be getting abusive calls all day and night because the number is all over the net  , i mean really ?

Seems this company has not got a clue what they are doing !

0 Ratings