cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Not at all pleased with the refund given

Go to solution

I had a phone line issue, caused by BT themselves (or rather a representative of yourselves, openreach, or their delegates) .

I've been a bit lax in chasing the refund, I first logged the fault on 21st March and I think it was eventually fixed on the 5th April. The fault however occured about 5 days prior, but I didn't log it as I went away.

So there are two issues:

1. Why have I been forced to chase up my own refund? The amount given is £5.xx to come off my next bill in June.

2. The reason it took a while to fix is because somebody has disconnected my phone line at the internal cabinet in my building, so I had to arrange access to my property to allow the engineer to fathom out what cables where actually mine.  "A fellow engineer with a clumsy size 10 boot" was how it was described to me. I have no doubt that it was accidental and that it went unnoticed by the engineer at the time.

Seeing as it was a BT engineer (or delegate) that caused this in the first place, so I was therefore denied service, I feel that I should be entitled to a refund from the period when I first logged this issue.

Thanks and regards,

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Not at all pleased with the refund given

Go to solution

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT. The only BT staff are the forum moderators who do not necessarily read all the posts.

You should either contact the billing team at BT or use Live Chat who should be able to help.  https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Not at all pleased with the refund given

Go to solution

Thank you for pointing out that link. They have given me a £10 good will deduction from my next bill, why they couldn't have just sorted this out properly when I was on the phone earlier this morning I will never know.

0 Ratings