Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 14

Re: Not offered a call plan

Not sure about the date suggested by RIC9380, but I think the current calling plan menu was not in effect three months ago. At that time, the standard line rental included weekend calls only and the customer could choose to pay extra for evening or anytime calls. Without one of these plans you would be charged for all Mon-Fri calls, which is probably what has happened.

It's a moot point whether the onus is on the salesperson to suggest a calling plan (or anything else which the customer might or might not need) or on the customer to check whether the package being agreed suits their needs. I would say it's the responsibility the customer, both generally and, in these circumstances, especially because having all calls automatically included with line rental would be an unrealistic expectation.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 12 of 14

Prior to October 20th 2019, all broadband packages included unlimited weekend calls free, if you joined or renewed before then your options are unlimited evening and weekend calls @ £4.50 per month or unlimited anytime calls @ £9.99 per month.

If you joined or renewed on or after then, you get pay as you go calls free, 500 minutes for £5 per month or unlimited for £15 per month.
The new calling plans include calls to UK mobiles, before then mobiles are chargeable with the exception being unlimited anytime calls which offers 50% off UK mobiles and 1000 free calls to BT mobiles (excludes BT business mobile numbers)

If you wish to have the new calling plans and have the old broadband packages, you must renew the broadband package to qualify, the new durations are 24 month contracts.

Hope that helps 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 14

Thanks, Ritchie.  What happened to me was that BT (not me) stopped my order in September and when I queried it I was told that everything would be okay.  That was reiterated to me on several occasions in October.  Towards the last week in October when I queried it again I was told that I needed to re-contract and was put through to Sales in Newcastle.  No options were discussed and I was put onto the unlimited call plan and lost my special offer discount of £16.50 per month.  I'm just really confused now!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 14 of 14

@RIC9380wrote:I was put onto the unlimited call plan and lost my special offer discount of £16.50 per month.  I'm just really confused now!

That shouldn't happen unless it was advisor error or system glitch, give the Value or Loyalty team a ring on 0800 800 150, explain what happened and I'm sure they'll put things right.

0 Ratings