cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Djobson
Message 1 of 5

Nothing done after 4 months- no phoneline or broadband installed- SOME ONE PLEASE HELP !

This is ubelievable in this day and age.

My wife and i ordered BT phone and Broadband back in December and our original appointment was set for 7th January. An engineer turned up and told us that we needed a telegraph pole erected before the line could be installed into our house and, to BT's credit- an openreach engineer turned up the same day. He found the perfect place for the pole but informed us that we would need signed permission from our neighbours before this could happen which is fair enough.

This took two weeks to sort out which is not BT's fault. Everything from then onwards though has been the worst experiance i have ever had dealing with any company- Ever. We have had numerous appointments and no one ever shows up or even phones to let us know they are not coming.

Every time we try to phone BT and chase this, our call goes through to india who cant help us unless we have a landline number to give them which , of course we dont have because it has not been installed yet! every email i have sent is met with a reply that someone will contact me in 7 days!  I cant seem to get any one to take charge of this. Eventually we got in touch with the Welsh offices and some one who spoke English!

We tried to get this sorted before the 12th of March ( the start of our 2 week honeymoon in the caribbean ) but to our horror- we got an email stating that our pole would finally be erected on the 17th and the broadband installed on the 18th. to avoid cancelling these appointments after so long without a phone line or broadband, we arranged for my Dad ( who lives 60 miles away ) to take 2 days off work and wait for the engineers. We phoned the welsh offices again and gave all of my dads information and asked if they could call him with an update should any thing go wrong. They assured us that this was no problem.

So, after a lovely day in the caribbean we gave my dad a call on the Friday evening expecting to hear that everything was now finished. Not a chance- no one turned up on either day or even had the curtesy to phone him and let him know. He phoned the customer service number and again got through to India, after explaining the situation to 3 differnent departments he was told my account does not exist as there is no land line number and then hung up !

Now we have been told that someone may turn up on the 7th april but nothing confirmed. So far both myself, my wife and my father have taken holiday days over this, we have had expenisve calls and internet charges from the carribbean trying to sort this. Not to mention all of our subscription services ( such as Amazon prime, netflix, etc ) that we are paying for and cannot use.

We have no mobile reception in our area and the lack of phoneline means we are effectively cut of from the world untill this is sorted ( god forbid one of us needs an ambulance !)

So what i need to know is- how can i contact  a high ranking BT Person who can personally take charge of this and keep us informed with what is actually happening. We are not living in  a 3rd world country ( even the refugee camps in France have WIFI !) it should not take 4 months for a company like BT to install a phoneline. No apologies, no explanations and no end in sight.

Some one please help- this is costing me a fortune and working hours and i am having a breakdown trying to get someone to do something! i think i may just give up and contact regulators- there must be laws about this kind of service?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Nothing done after 4 months- no phoneline or broadband installed- SOME ONE PLEASE HELP !

Openreach are a separate company within the BT group. Its possible one of the BT forum moderators may be able to get more info from Openreach.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Nothing done after 4 months- no phoneline or broadband installed- SOME ONE PLEASE HELP !

Hi @Djobson,

The best thing to do is to get in touch with us. Click on my username, then on contact the mods. It'll take us a bit of time to pick it up but we will. We'll be your point of contact.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Djobson
Message 4 of 5

Thank you, It is refreshing to get a reply from someone so quickly. I will click the Contact the mods button now.

if only your telephone staff were this helpful

0 Ratings
Djobson
Message 5 of 5

Cheers keith,

Yeah i worked for Bt As a broadband enginneer about ten years ago installing vission boxes so i am aware of this. This is what makes thing worse.

I know how the company works. I have sat in the exhanges and had lunch with the openreach guys. I have heard all the excuses for skiving off jobs and postponing appointments- hangovers, slight rainiy conditions, etc. Cowboys!

all they have to do is log onto the job on their laptops and write a note that they "tried to call, but now answer " etc and sign the job off for someone else.

meanwhile, while they are in the pub having a free afternoon off- i have no phone line!

I am so frustrated because i have done this work myself in the past and it is literally an hours work.

0 Ratings