Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stephen6409
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Old Account/ BT ID - Mod's help probably required

Go to solution

I've recently returned to Bt from Sky for Phone, BT Infinity & BT Sport and registered with an email address I've had for years. It seems I'd had this as my ID when I was with BT previously and when I tried to login to "My BT" with it, I got an error message and couldn't access my account. I think this may have been because my old BT account had not been closed properly when I left.

I've now registered a new ID with a different email and added my new BT account number to it. My order is however still showing as in progress - Phone and Infinity complete, BT Sport not complete. I have in fact had access to BT Sport via the Sky platform since I placed my order in early August, though I've seen today that when I try to log in with the new ID to view via the website it says that I do not have BT Sport. I can only think that the BT Sport part of my order may still for some reason be attached to my original ID.

Could I have some help in sorting this out please? I'd imagine that my old ID may need to be deactivated (and any old account still showing as open removed) and anything to do with my current services transferred to the new ID.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Old Account/ BT ID - Mod's help probably required

Go to solution

The BT ID team should be able to help you with this. You can reach them at the below link:

BT ID Chat

0 Ratings
stephen6409
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply Keith. I've just tried Chat but no-one seems to pick up - the "waiting time" they advise is either hopelesslly inaccurate or they just don't fancy talking to me. The same thing happened with something else a couple of weeks back which fortunately resolved itself.

If a moderator could help me I'd be grateful. I'm sure they're busy, but I shouldn't have thought it would be a difficult problem to resolve.

0 Ratings
stephen6409
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Further to the above, I finally managed to get through on Chat and someone subsequently phoned me back. It looks like the problem is that the BT Sport part of the order hasn't been completed properly, hence the order still being open - it's supposed to be getting done now but will take four working days. I'm apparently getting a call next Thursday to confirm all is in order (we'll see!).

Is it still a good idea to get my "old" BT ID deleted? 

0 Ratings
stephen6409
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Well, she didn't phone back on Thursday. My order is however now showing as complete but I still can't get into BT Sport via the website. I think this is because my "old" BT ID is still regarded as the primary one, this being the one I used when I created the order.

I still can't get into this (it accepts my login details but then either just hangs or produces an error message) presumably because of the presence of an old account on there (starting LC) which needs closing off or deleting. I've tried to explain about this via Chat previously but I either got cut off or the assistant cut me off. Any chance of getting this dealt with on here, please?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @stephen6409 and thanks for posting.

I can help getting the old account details removed from the profile. Can you drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
stephen6409
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks, David. Message sent.

0 Ratings
stephen6409
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Well, despite contacting a moderator, I'm no further on with this almost a month later and now there is another problem.

The old "dead" account from my previous time with BT has STILL not been deleted from my original hotmail based ID which I still cannot access. I did get a phone call from a Claire Carters advising me that my googlemail ID was set up as the primary ID for my active BT account and that my inability to log into the BT Sport website with that ID ("you do not currently have BT Sport") must be down to another cause.

I have no way of verifying this information though my suspicion is that both the "dead" and active accounts are listed under this ID as both came up when I tried to use it to claim my BT reward (since done via the googlemail ID). I was promised a call from the BT Sport team later that day which never materialised. I was also advised that I would receive an email to which I could respond if any further assistance was needed. I replied to this two weeks ago and have heard nothing further.

It now transpires that there is also a billing problem. I paid a year's line rental in advance. The remaining charges for BT Infinity, any chargeable phone calls and BT Sport (together with the one-off set up charge for Infinity) were to be paid by monthly direct debit. Nothing appears to have been debited despite the fact that it is well over a month since my phone and broadband were activated (30th Aug) and I have had access to BT Sport via the Sky platform since I placed the order in early August. The ID which I can access (the googlemail one) tells me that my "next bill is due after 6th September"! Clearly something (else) has gone wrong here.

I used the "contact the Mods" link from earlier in this thread to send a further message on 27th Sept (though I didn't mention the billing issue). I got an acknowledgement so I presume that this was received and is in the queue?

0 Ratings
stephen6409
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Update on previous post.

Phone call received from moderator Neil O who will attempt to resolve the problem with the relevant team and get back to me. Apparently, it's likely that the BT Sport issue is caused by my billing not being set up correctly. He assures my that my googlemail ID is primary on the active account.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @stephen6409,

I'm sorry to hear that the issue with your BT Sport is still ongoing. I can see that my colleague @NeilO is dealing with your case now and he'll do everything he can to get this resolved.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings