cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
howe777
Message 1 of 8

Old account from 2009 stopping me from buying a house. ITS BEEN SORTED!!!!!!

1. Can anyone help!!! 

I have just been told my credit is very very bad all becuase of an issue with BT from 2009 and its now holding our mortgage up, apparently i have defaulted on a bill back in 2009 but this has only appeared on my report in the last 8 months. ive logged it with Experian and they have said 28 days, this cannot wait as im in the middle of sorting eveything out for the mortgage .

Ive spoken to all different types of departments and becuase I dont have the account number or landline no one can help me, ive tried online chat who told me to jsut contact experian!!! 

Can anyone help??  

ps...if anyone from BT reads this: a couple of points.

1.  I know I have sorted this issue , i know that this issue is not my fault
  2. I will be forwarding all costs ,from surveyors to solicitors on to you for compensation.
  3. If this isnt rectified and I lose any money/or the chance to buy this property , i promise you the consequences will be severe. 

Your one of the largest if not the biggest telecommunications services company in the Uk and apparently you cannot hold your records for more than 4years. I find this very hard to beleive. 

regards

Howe.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Old account from 2009 stopping me from buying a house. ITS BEEN SORTED!!!!!!

It may be that a forum moderator will be able to help you with this. If they can they will contact you via this post.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Re: Old account from 2009 stopping me from buying a house. ITS BEEN SORTED!!!!!!

Hi howe777,

Welcome to the forum and sorry about the issues you've had. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details and I can look into this for you. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
howe777
Message 4 of 8

OLD ACCOUNT STOPPING ME FROM BUYING A HOUSE,STILL NOT SORTED. YOUR PRETTY MUCH RUINING MY LIFE

1. HI, I POSTED THIS 4 WEEKS AGO AND STILL HAVE RECEVIED NO RESOLUTION, IVE HAD ONE PHONE CALL AND THATS IT , I NEED SOMEONE FROM BT TO CALL ME AND TELL ME HOW THIS IS REMOVED, THATS ALL I WANT IVE POSTED 5 TIMES NOW AND STILL NO RESOLUTION. 

WE HAVE NOW FOUND OUT THEIR WAS TWO ACCOUNTS , ONE CLEARED AND ONE OUTSTANDING OF £48, IT WAS IN QUERY FOR 8 MONTHS. 

I WANT TO SORT THIS , BUT CONSIDERIGN YOU ARE A COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY , YOUR NOT VERY GOOD AT COMMUNICATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just been told my credit is very very bad all becuase of an issue with BT from 2009 and its now holding our mortgage up, apparently i have defaulted on a bill back in 2009 but this has only appeared on my report in the last 8 months. ive logged it with Experian and they have said 28 days, this cannot wait as im in the middle of sorting eveything out for the mortgage .

Ive spoken to all different types of departments and becuase I dont have the account number or landline no one can help me, ive tried online chat who told me to jsut contact experian!!! 

Can anyone help??  

ps...if anyone from BT reads this: a couple of points.

1.  I know I have sorted this issue , i know that this issue is not my fault
  2. I will be forwarding all costs ,from surveyors to solicitors on to you for compensation.
  3. If this isnt rectified and I lose any money/or the chance to buy this property , i promise you the consequences will be severe. 

Your one of the largest if not the biggest telecommunications services company in the Uk and apparently you cannot hold your records for more than 4years. I find this very hard to beleive. 

regards

Howe.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Re: OLD ACCOUNT STOPPING ME FROM BUYING A HOUSE,STILL NOT SORTED. YOUR PRETTY MUCH RUINING MY LIFE

Please contact NeilO as requested, and he will sort it out for you.

His contact link looks like this.

modpicture.jpg

0 Ratings
howe777
Message 6 of 8

Re: OLD ACCOUNT STOPPING ME FROM BUYING A HOUSE,STILL NOT SORTED. YOUR PRETTY MUCH RUINING MY LIFE

i HAVE ALREADY. IVE ASKED FOR CONTAQCT TO BE MADE VIA PHONE. 

no call has been received. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 8

IF YOU STOP SHOUTING, someone might come along and help. But please remember this is a BT customer to Customer help forum. The only BT presence on the forums are the mods.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
howe777
Message 8 of 8

My Apolagies, 

I had already wrote everything out before changing caps lock. 

Just becoming very frustrated with all this and its starting to take its toll on my family. 

Howe 

0 Ratings