Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Klr
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Old provider

Go to solution

When do BT inform old provider ? They to know before 11th jan anytime after will be charges. They informed me engineer is coming on 6th jan to install fast  fibre ?

thanks 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Old provider

Go to solution

@Klr 

Who is your old provider?

Is it an FTTP (Direct Fibre connection) that BT Retail are providing?

0 Ratings
Klr
Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Yes direct to fibre 150 

0 Ratings
Klr
Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution
Old provider is shell broadband
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

@Klr wrote:
Old provider is shell broadband

There may be an issue there, as FTTP does not use the Openreach copper network, so I am not sure what happens.

It may be best to contact Shell broadband yourself, and tell them which day you want to cease your copper service with them.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Presumably this is related to your other thread.

Re: Switching broadband during transfer - BT Community

iniltous
Guru
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Your switch could be a little more involved given that you already had a migration in progress, you were Shell to SSE , if you have cancelled with SSE , then contacted BT , if the SSE order hadn’t been dealt with as a cancelled order by SSE , you would think the order with BT wouldn’t proceed ( there is still time for you to be contacted by BT stating the existing order needs to be cancelled and a new one raising ) , but otherwise it may well proceed.
Another potential problem ( as already stated ) is if the BT order is FTTP , and the Shell to SSE was on copper, unless you asked for the phone number to be ported , then the Shell service ( assuming the SSE order is cancelled ) may continue , although not normally a good idea to contact the losing provider ( Shell ) , I would consider asking if they have been advised you are leaving them

0 Ratings
Klr
Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks.

The SSE seems to be cancelled however it’s referred back to shell but they have cancelled so it’s gone back to sse who have literally just sent me an email setting up date 5th jan BT is engineer on 6th jan for setup on 7th. It is all full fibre yes. So I could possibly be without broadband couple of days. 

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

A loss of service when moving from copper to fibre, is normally unavoidable.

Klr
Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution
Thanks Keith. Seems to be cancel SSe then it’s referring back to Shell. Cancel Shell then it’s back SSE
0 Ratings