Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
earthmover45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Online Billing - not displaying billing & usage

Go to solution

Does anyone have a solution to the lack of online billing & Usage, a problem of me since May 2021?

The "MyBT" account appears to be working correctly on a Windows 10/ Edge & Android/Chrome environments with the exception of the Billing and Usage  which only displays 3 coloured bouncing dots. I have had help over the phone to clear my browser history & cache and provided screenshots to tier 2.

I am unable to get any resolution from 0800800150 and currently have and had various VOL faults/complaints logged and a BTIR number. I now have to get paper billing which is usually £4.80 per bill, I am hoping this will be free since the BT back-office system appears to be at fault.

Has anyone had the same problems? Are there any suggestions to my predicament from the Forum?

earthmover45 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
earthmover45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: Online Billing - not displaying billing & usage

Go to solution

Sill no resolution to the Billing and Usage not being displayed in MyBT

It appears the original BTIR XXXX1100 case was closed without fixing the fault and no explanations from the Cardiff Tier 2 off-line team?

BTIR XXXX4823 Bridge Case is now open on the same complaint fault VOL013-XXXXXXXX0233.

I understand I will be getting a paper bill in "large text" as this is free and will not have to get my monthly bill credited with £4.80 for normal sized paper bills as sent previously. 

I am shocked that I have to get billing in this way and taking a resource reserved for users who have visual problems!

Earthmover40  

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @earthmover45, thanks for posting back and sorry the fault with your online account has been closed without any contact to explain why. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

cheers
John

0 Ratings
mispeltyuoth
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @earthmover45 

I'm having the exact same problem. If I go into billing history I can download a pdf of my bill but the idea of going to paperless billing is I want to check my bill online, not fill up my HDD with pointless pdf's.

Did you get a satisfactory response via the mods?

0 Ratings
earthmover45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @mispeltyuoth ,

Sorry you are also having Billing heartache!

The mods are leaving my problem to the Tier 2 off-line team which does get me any further forward!

Today I now find I can no longer view my logged fault/complaint VOL013-XXXXXXXX0233, the link has been removed in MyBT. Also the BTIRXXXX4823 was closed but I have had it reopened again tonight. 

Earthmover45 

0 Ratings
mispeltyuoth
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

@earthmover45 

Oh well, like a lot of things where BT are concerned, I guess it's a matter of 'wait and see'.

No doubt at some point in the future our bills and usage will re-appear and no one will be able to say how or why🤣.

I guess we can only assume there must be others with the same problem but they're not bothered about it.

mispeltyuoth 

0 Ratings
earthmover45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Unbelievably the Complaint has been closed again with an email received at 22:06 yesterday evening!

I have rung again today to get the case re-opened with Stephen/Steven at Liverpool Tier 2. 

VOL013-XXXXXXXX0233 & BTIRXXXX4915 

I was told that cases are closed if you cannot be contacted 3 times.

Since I am at work without mobile coverage and the Billing and Usage on MyBT is still not fixed it seems daft to me that a complaint is closed.

Finally, the billing & usage data is my data and BT are unwilling to send me a copy of the bill by email and quote Data Protection Regulations as a reason not to.  You can't make this up!

Earthmover45

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @earthmover45, sorry that your complaint has been closed again without the fault getting resolved.

I did PM you earlier this evening to say I would chase this if needed with Stephen but I did notice that your BTID username is not an email address.  The BTID username has had to be an email address now for some time. I believe that this may be the problem so if you could log into your account and update the username to your email address this may fix the issue. Please try this and let me know how you get on.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
mispeltyuoth
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @earthmover45

I've noticed a very small bit of progress in the last day - instead of the bouncing dots followed by a more or less blank screen I now get a picture of a bloke up a telegraph pole and the words 'Sorry, we're having problems loading your usage. Please try again in 1 hour, or refresh the page'

I tried both and nothing works.

As it happens, today I got my email notification that my bill is ready and to 'view it in MyBT' - I wish!

0 Ratings
earthmover45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 

Success !  It was the BTID that caused the problem as you suspected My now previous BTID from ~20 years ago is no longer accepted and the BTID has to be an email address. I do remember there was a similar problem with the now ceased BT HomeHub VOIP service years ago.

Stephen in Middlesbrough Tier 2 guided me through the BTID change and has now closed the BTIRXXXX4915 & VOL013-XXXXXXXX0233 cases. I am now fully able to see my Billing & Usage following the unexplained loss from May.

I cannot thank the Mods enough for getting this sorted out so quickly and one call from Stephen this evening fixed the problem which has been ongoing for 3 month.

The BTID as an email address is the Accepted Solution.

Earthmover45