Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Poo
Beginner
Message 2 of 8

Open Reach change of address

Go to solution

Can someone help me please. When my downstairs neighbours moved, BT tried to cut off my phone. It took 3 phone calls to prevent this. And now a further two months trying to correct my address.

The error arose because there are 2 flats in one house. Mine used to be A and therefore BT have my address with the A.  15 years ago this was changed so downstairs became the A flat. This change is shown on my Council database, the electoral roll, my passport , tv licence and all my utilities. However Open Reach refuse to change the numbers. 

This means when the new tenants move in, then out etc every time this happens BT will attempt to disconnect MY line, if I happen to be away I will lose phone, phone number and broadband.

The BT customer service are trying and being knocked back every time.

I am 66, ill and crying as I write this, can someone please help.?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Poo
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Address on open reach

Go to solution

Please help me.  In March my downstairs neighbours moved and BT attempted to cut off my phone line. It took 3 phone calls to stop them. Good job I wasn’t on holiday.

When I had my phone installed (30 years ago) my flat was 11A .The downstairs flat was 11.

15 years ago due to various issues my flat became 11 and downstairs flat became 11A this was corrected on post office and council databases and on my passport, voting cards, utilities. There is so much recorded evidence for this.

However OPEN REACH refuse to change the numbers and therefore when the new tenants move and request phone services for 11A BT will try and disconnect my line again.  The BT  Customer service girl is trying to sort it but is stopped at every turn.

I am 66 years old, I’ll and in real distress can someone please help.?

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 8

Re: Open Reach change of address

Go to solution

@Poo Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your BT account info including your correct address and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 8

Re: Address on open reach

Go to solution

Hi @Poo I called earlier; sorry I could not get to speak with you. 

I left a message to confirm that the address records are now updated to the address you agreed with Sharon that was listed on the Royal Mail database. I'm sorry for the distress this issue caused you and if you have any further query just post back and let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Poo
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you so much for your help. I’m sorry to be a pain, but is my address now 48 on the OPEN REACH database? It was changed to 48 on my BT BILLING address and I understand that first floor flat can’t be added as I have asked. I have contacted post office and they won’t include it, so I know there’s nothing that can be done about that. But it’s the change of removing the A from my addres which is now my major worry. when I was last contacted it was OPEN REACH who would not change my address from 48A to 48 on their database and therefore actually DO have the downstairs address not mine. I’m so sorry to be such a nuisance.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Poo Just to confirm the house number is now 48 and there is no mention of the A in your address records with Openreach.

I checked with Sharon (the adviser trying to help you with this) and she confirmed that this was the way you wanted the address as Royal Mail would not include a reference to the Flat in their records.

Is that Ok?

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Poo
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Yes yes that’s exactly right, thank you so much. The A flat is no longer my flat address  although it was when my phone line was installed which is why this problem has arisen.  I am so grateful, the new tenants are about to move in and when they have a phone connection they will use the A address and it won’t affect my line. I  Thank you and Sharon so much.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@Poo That's great, I'll pass on your thanks to @JohnC2 and Sharon Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings