Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
0 Ratings
Accepted Solution

Open reach showing my postcode/address in wrong location

Hi,

I'm having an issue where I am trying to get my correct location plotted on the openreach database.  When i enter my details, the map location for my house shows as being incorrect.  I discovered this when i was doing a check to see when i could get fibre.  I have been on the phone to BT twice who say i need to go to openreach, and openreach says they don't deal with the end user so i am stuck.

Can someone give me some info as to how i get this corrected, the right form to submit or have submitted for me, etc. etc.

The circle below shows where my house is located as opposed to where openreach thinks it is.

With thanks

Alan

Location_New.jpg

Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

Re: Open reach showing my postcode/address in wrong location

try using this form to contact openreach and if you get auto reply then send again until you get reply from an actual person    https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?id=7214&embed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have sent that form twice now but am getting nothing/nowhere.  Feels like i am just going round in circles.

Regards

alan 

Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

you normally get a response within 7 days - have you had any replies?

are you trying to get broadband  - fibre or adsl?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings

i was told i would get a reply within 5 days......that was 24th Oct. :-(

I have adsl now but my issue is that i believe my speed is so slow as they think i am further away from the exchange than i actually am and that my line cannot handle the distance, therfore is being unfairly limited.  Also, this may affect my ability to order broadband when the cabinet becomes available again.

just trying to get the records corrected.  (i trie my parents postcode and it is an exact match to the street location) so that i can be in full possesion of the facts.

thanks

alan 

Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

0 Ratings

Untitled.jpg

Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

as you can see it shows you are connected to cab 55 wiith estimated down speed on fibre of 26/16 and up 4.8/2.7

unfortunately your cabinet is full and there is a waiting list for connections  openreach will either add a new card or may build a new cabinet but there is no indication in the notes of when either upgrade will happen

0 Ratings

thanks, i understand all of that, however, my original concern still remains open.  my house is flagging in the wrong location and further away from the exchange on record than it should be.  I wasn't questionning if/when i could get broadband, i was asking how i get openreach to update their databse to show my correct address location.Location_New.jpg

Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

then send the form as I suggested  i don't understand how you are not getting replies as others get reply in 7 days sometimes sooner  correcting address won't change the dslchecker results as that is based on your phone line