Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simple-simon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

OpenReach Address Database

Hi, first post so please be gentle!

I have been tearing my hair out trying to order an Infinity 1 package for an address that doesn't have an existing line. All goes well until I reach the availability checker where I get the thumbs down. On checking the postcode on the superfast-openreach website I notice that he correct address is present but fails the check. Some of the neighbouring properties are represented twice, once with the correct estate name (fail) and once with an alternate incorrrect estate name and they pass.

This is a small holiday community with only 33 entries for the postcode in the Post Office (definitive?) database.

I have chatted online with a BT rep who told me that the locality (Ciliau Aeron) is enabled and that a call to 0800 800 150 would get the problem sorted. Unfortunately, yesterday I had problems getting my message across and today the promised callback hasn't materiallised.

I would be most grateful if somebody could point me in the right direction and save my thinning locks!

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: OpenReach Address Database

comntact openreach by completing the form  https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?id=7214&embed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
simple-simon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Thank you for the swift response. The form is completed and in the Openreach inbox.
0 Ratings
simple-simon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 16

The reply from Openreach has now been received. They can see the issue but can't do anything to help because the property has never had a telephone line installed.

Dear Philip,

Thank you for enquiry once again.

Unfortunately we are unable to find any details with the address updated below.

Once you have a working line at your premises, we would be able to confirm the cabinet you are connected to and accordingly we will be able to confirm if fibre broadband is available to you or not.

I am sorry without any working line we won’t be able to help you further on this query.

The really galling bit is that there is a post marked 4A just feet from the property from which a line crosses my roof to the other half of the semi deteached pair!

Does anyone have an idea for my next port of call?

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 16

@simple-simon wrote:

The reply from Openreach has now been received. They can see the issue but can't do anything to help because the property has never had a telephone line installed.

Dear Philip,

Thank you for enquiry once again.

Unfortunately we are unable to find any details with the address updated below.

Once you have a working line at your premises, we would be able to confirm the cabinet you are connected to and accordingly we will be able to confirm if fibre broadband is available to you or not.

I am sorry without any working line we won’t be able to help you further on this query.

The really galling bit is that there is a post marked 4A just feet from the property from which a line crosses my roof to the other half of the semi deteached pair!

Does anyone have an idea for my next port of call?

I am going through a similar process at the moment and have reached a helpful contact in OpenReach.  

Suggested approach is as follows:

1. Find out the telephone number of your neighbour. Hopefully they will have a BT line.

2. Check if they have broadband and with what provider if any.

3. Use their telephone number to do an infinity check with another provider otherwise it may say you are already a customer.  This should hopefully confirm that Infinity is available.  You should also be able to get the Cabinet number.

( While you do not need your neighbours permission to do this, it is obviously courteous to at least let them know and even ask their permission)

4.  Armed with this information contact BT Sales again and explain the situation and ask for a "Full Provide Order" to go to OpenReach.

5. If you still have a problem I am sure one of the Moderators of the Forum will be able to provide assistance.

PS I notice you have marked the thread as SOLVED.  Either remove this or otherwise raise a new thread as it may be ignored otherwise.

0 Ratings
simple-simon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 16

Thanks for that! I'll talk to my neighbour next week when I visit the property. I know the number for the local hotel (same post code) and that is confirmed to be enabled for FTTC. This is a small village and I believe there to be only one cabinet.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 16

It was the mods who said that people having problems with openreach database should use the contact openreach form and not refer to mods who can only submit the same form

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 16

@imjolly wrote:

It was the mods who said that people having problems with openreach database should use the contact openreach form and not refer to mods who can only submit the same form

While using the form is a good step when it gets an unhelpful response from Openreach the mods can help because it is usually a problem with the BT ordering process. See message 9 of this thread:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/BT-saying-I-m-not-eligible-for-fibre/td-p/1493660

simple-simon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 16

Thanks both! I did see a similar thread. I noticed that I have to receive an invitation to email a mod and as a new forum member thought it might be considered impolite to hijack another's thread with a "me too" as my first post!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 16

As imjolly has already stated, the moderators have advised that all they do is complete the form that imjolly has posted and submit it in the same manner as you would.

By doing as imjolly has suggested and what the the moderators have advised, you are saving the three to five day wait you would have for the moderators to submit the form for you.

Even if the moderators submit the form on your behalf it carries no more weight or importance with Openreach than if you submit it.

0 Ratings