cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Openreach can not find our address

Hi,

We have recently moved into a new build house. We would like to connect the house to the broadband network but have been unable to do so thus far as openreach can not find our address. The address is registered with Royal Mail as it can be found via the postcode finder on the website. 

Any help to get this sorted would be massively appreciated.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Openreach can not find our address

Speak to the developers, find out which network provider that have done with for the plots as it may not be Openreach.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Is there any evidence of Openreach within the property, an ONT if FTTP or NTE5 if the developer went for copper , are there any joint boxes in the footpath with Openreach on the lids ?

As stated , some developers do a sweetheart deal with other network providers or use their own in house network, effectively locking out Openreach from the site 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

There is no evidence of a phone line connection at all which makes me think there isn’t one.

The house is a bespoke new build on an infill plot - not a PLC housing development where phone lines are pre-installed.

I have had this issue with a new build flat in the past where an open reach engineer came to the property and ran a new line from the telegraph pole to the house - which is what it looks like I need here. However, open reach can not come out to arrange as the properties address is not coming up on their system. Once the address is added I believe they will be able to send out an engineer. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

https://www.openreach.com/forms/fibre-broadband-availability---customer-form

Use this form, put in as much detail as possible. Whoever built the property should have registered it with Openreach at the start when they did the council/Royal Mail and other utilities to avoid this issue.
0 Ratings