cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Openreach engineer missed appointments X2

Hi all,

We have upgraded to Fibre on the 12th September 2021, great we thought as we have been on the slow copper wire for  over 7 years, however we've had to confirmed Openreach appointments made and both date came and went with not even a call/email/text from bt or Openreach is this normal?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Openreach engineer missed appointments X2

I had the same experience - call faults and raise a complaint giving the dates.

I've had several missed appointed this year by OpenReach and Qube.

On one of them Qube text me to say that they were unable to get someone to visit due to a staff shortage and asked me to call them to rearrange. At the same time the BT website for the fault was updated to say the visit had occured and the fault was confirmed by me as fixed. This happened with the failed OpenReach visits when the fault continued.

I think OpenReach were just going to the cabinet or doing something remotely and not contacting me.

I got the impression that the BT website system assumes the fault is fixed if the technician does not report the fault as ongoing.

@Haggmaster1111wrote:

Hi all,

We have upgraded to Fibre on the 12th September 2021, great we thought as we have been on the slow copper wire for  over 7 years, however we've had to confirmed Openreach appointments made and both date came and went with not even a call/email/text from bt or Openreach is this normal?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Haggmaster1111, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I'm sorry that your move to fibre has not happened and you've had 2 missed appointments now. 

Are you moving to Fibre from the cabinet or a full-fibre connection?

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Full fibre I think, the line comes to an end outside our properties 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Haggmaster1111, thanks for confirming that. You would be best to call in and speak with the full fibre team and get an update on what is happening with your order.

cheers

John

0 Ratings