cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MJButty666
Message 1 of 3

Openreach have the wrong postcode for my line provision

I bought part of a property 3 years ago which was split into three.

The entrance that we used to have access to is no longer used and therefore we enter the property from a different road.

The local council updated our postcode to a new postcode, and the post office have reallocated our address to this new postcode.

Our Phone number however is still linked to the old postcode.

If I try to obtain broadband using the correct phone number and postcode, the webpage rejects that as there is no match.

If i try and obtain broadband using the correct postcode, the webpage suggests there is no phone line allocated to the address and wants to allocate one.

If i try to obtain broadband using the correct phone number and the old postcode, then the webpage gives options of the house to select but this does not have our house upon it.

How can we go about getting the openreach provisioning database corrected?

I am currently with BT and would appreciate some assistance.

Many thanks,

Martin

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Openreach have the wrong postcode for my line provision

A mod should be able to help with this. It can take up to 10 days for the Openreach database to be updated.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Openreach have the wrong postcode for my line provision

Hi @MJButty666

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the problems you're having placing an order for broadband due to your address being updated.  I see you mentioned that your services are with BT.  As long as you have a working line with us we will be able to get your address details updated.  When you send us over your details using the form below, please include the new address details as it appears on >> Royal Mail's website <<

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings