cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Openreach keeps cancelling my broadband package

Hi All,

I don't know where to look for a help and will appreciate your response.

I recently moved to a new house.

I had a Sky broadband and TV and asked them to move my package to the new house. Sky agreed, however, once I moved to the new house I realised that I do not have broadband. I contacted Sky and they said my broadband has been cancelled because Openreach cancelled it (well done Sky for not telling me that in advance!). They did not provide any specific reason, saying they don't know why Openreach did not approve the order, so just shrugged their shoulders. They advised I need to place a brand new order.

After that I placed a brand new broadband order with Sky and this one was also refused by Openreach shortly. Again, they just shrugged their shoulders and said they don't know why Openreach cancelled it. 

After that I tried my luck with BT.

BT promised me heaven, took all my details, conducted a hard credit search (which is an issue on its own) and said they are going to activate my broadband in a few days time. Great and cool!

However,  I have got a message from BT today saying that my order has been cancelled. I called them and they advised Openreach cancelled the order and that they do not know anything else and cannot provide any more details. They only said they can see the phone line part was cancelled so something wrong with that bit, but did not provide any further details or explanation, shrugging their shoulders, just like their Sky friend. 

I won't waste your time writing how rude, incompetent and careless the customer service was; the bottom line is that they said they have no idea why Openreach cancelled the order and suggested I will try to place another other. 

I told them nicely that this is my 3rd order and Openreach keeps cancelling it, so simply placing another order won't help, there is something else and we need to understand the root cause. They said they cannot provide any more details and started to play coronavirus victim card, which, obviously, led us to nowhere. They again suggested to place another order but mentioned they give zero guarantee it will be successful. What a joke??!!

I tried to contact Openreach but they just won't listen and refer me to BT.

I contacted my letting agent and they advise the previous tenant had BT broadband without any issues and cancelled their BT after moving off from here. 

What should I do? Where to complain? Howe to action on this? This is simply ridiculous, how come BT has no idea what the issue is? Openreach surely must provide a clear reason of cancellation, they just can't cancel something out of the blue without a reason!

I urgently need broadband connection as working from home and my income relies on this heavily. Obviously, ISPs couldn't care less, they just do nothing and the customer service is just shocking - all they good at is selling things, but not taking any ownership. 

I would highly appreciate if someone could shed some light on this. Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Openreach keeps cancelling my broadband package

https://www.openreach.com/covid-19-coronavirus 

Perhaps look at mobile broadband as a temporary measure.

Expert
Message 3 of 9

You’ve moved at probably the worst possible time in the last 100 years.

Theres this Virus going round and because of this Lockdown thing Openreach aren’t taking any new Provision Orders Until June, although that might change.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

@Guybrush 

This is only a customer to customer help forum, the only BT Employees are the moderators.

Here is the contact page for BT Retail  https://www.bt.com/help/home/contactus/#/

Bear in mind they are very busy at the moment.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Thanks a lot. I totally understand there is Covid-19, etc, however, BT and Openreach say they can activate the line if no on-site engineer is required. The broadband I purchased was clearly saying that no on-site engineer is required, they will do remote activation. Also, Openreach previously refused the order before outbreak so there is something with the line. So whilst Covid-19 is definitely an excuse for them for their rubbish service, it is not the cause, there should be something else.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Thanks and, yes, I totally agree, but what can I do - I signed my new contract 3 months ago. Unfortunately, couldn't predict this outbreak.
If Openreach are not taking any orders how come BT is offering new contracts on their website and clearly says they can do remote activation, etc? Isn't this contradicting?
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Yeap, I know this forum is costumer to costumer, but BT are quite useless - I tried to call them hundreds of time, only to hear the template answer "we do not know the reason, try to place another order".
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Isn't it ridiculous? When I was talking with the BT "support" 2 days ago I specifically told them to NOT SEND me the BT Hub as my contract is cancelled and I am not going to deal with the hub. The guy on the line assured me that no one is going to send the hub because my contract is cancelled. Guess what? - I just got a SMS from BT saying they shipped my BT HUB. What a f!!!!! 

This company is utter RUBBISH! 

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Guys, does someone know how to open a complaint? Is there any email address for their CEOs? Any other important emails or phone numbers?

Their generic phone number is totally useless - I tried to call, a random person picked up, then logged a case and then closed the case without asking me first. I asked him why he closed the case and he said he cannot leave complaint cases open when orders are cancelled so he decided to close it. What a??! And after all this **bleep** they putted the notes saying that the order has been cancelled because of customer's request??!! Really? They are the ones who cancelled it, not me! 

I have no words to describe how rubbish, incontinent, ridiculous and pity their customer service is. Outbreak is  NOT an excuse for justifying rubbish customer service!

0 Ratings