cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Openreach - no show - install now in 3 weeks!

Hi,

I ordered FTTP (900 Mbps) on 24th November, the earliest install date was the 16 Dec (my move in date was 2nd).  Despite multple messages from BT and Openreach including a reminder confirmation on 15th, no engineer showed up.  I called BT on 16 and I was told OR would rebook sometime this week (W/C 19 Dec).  Having heard nothing I spoke to BT this morning and they've now rebooked my install for 7 January - another 3 week wait!

Is this really the best I should expect?  I would hope when OR misses an appointment that I would be prioritised above new installs, but this seems like I've just been placed at the back of the queue.  

Is this a general problem with OR, or have I been given incorrect information by BT?

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Openreach - no show - install now in 3 weeks!

@DodgyLogic 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Openreach are very busy at the moment. What date have you been told your broadband package will be activated?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

16 Dec - the original install date.

OR need to install the ONT etc - this was supposed to happen on 16 Dec and activation on the same day.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

There must be other issues, most likely the rest of the network has not yet been completed.

You can ask BT to loan you a 4G mini hub with data, to allow a connection.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thanks, they are sending that, but for working from home, it's a world of difference between FTTP and 4G. 

I was under the impression from the agent I spoke to on Friday that OR should arrange another appointment within 5 working days, so I was very dissapointed to get a new date in January.  Additionally I don't believe further engineering works are required as this was is a 1 stage install.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Same for me pretty much - ordered on 21 Nov. Have waited 30 days and so far stage 1 not complete. Now been given another 20 days for next review. Shouldn't be taking orders if OR have such a backlog.

0 Ratings