Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
concretecow
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Openreach repeatedly rejecting FTTP order - address incorrectly registered

Hi,

I placed an order with BT at the end of April for a new fibre broadband line as part of the Full Fibre 1 package. However, this has been rejected by Openreach on several occasions and I still don't have a fibre broadband line installed. I have been advised that my property is registered with Openreach as a 'single dwelling unit', when it should in fact be a 'multiple dwelling unit', as it is a flat. BT state I need to get the developer/landlord of the flats to register the property correctly with them.

My flat is in a block of six and is on the first floor -I purchased it as a leasehold earlier this year. What I cannot understand is that the block already has a fibre cable running throughout the stairwell, with two of the other flats having ONT boxes connected to this providing them with fibre broadband. Having spoken with my neighbour who lives directly opposite, they advised they are with BT and did not have this problem. I believe that there is an administrative error on Openreach's part relating to my address.

Despite trying to emphasise this point several times, BT and Openreach do not seem to be proactively communicating with each other to resolve this, rather stating that I need to deal with it. Having spoken with the freeholder of the block (the housebuilder that built it), they have stated that it was built back in 2007, they don't have any of the paperwork relating to the build and would be unsure what to do. The management company stated it was not their responsibility. 

Any help or advice would be much appreciated, thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Openreach repeatedly rejecting FTTP order - address incorrectly registered

Can you enter your phone number or address and post results

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Your best option would be to call the FTTP helpdesk, and see what they say.

They are on 0800 587 4787.

0 Ratings
concretecow
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

38.png

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

So that shows FTTP available then phone the number provided by @Keith_Beddoe 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings