cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Openreach says no

Go to solution

I have requested my BT broadband is switched to another provider.

The other provider enters my postcode and landline, no address match.  They manually enter address and submit order to Openreach. Openreach cannot do a switchover as they claim the provided address has no active line.  Only a new installation is viable.

BT Data Integrity Team discover the address and phone number to do not match.

Openreach claim to have fixed the problem, but it still remains mismatched.  I use a house phone, connect it to the socket and ring a mobile, the correct number shows up.

Until Openreach updates their records, i cannot switch to another provider, if i go for new line, my contract with BT stays, and I have 2 lines in my house.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Openreach says no

Go to solution

@ReachForThe 

Are you still a BT Retail customer with a working connection?

Only your current provider can request an update (ORDI).

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Yes  for over 6 years.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

BT Retail need to submit an ORDI request.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Submitted on Monday,  openreach replied saying fixed, bt checked and it was not.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @ReachForThe Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I've seen Openreach ORDI requests take a couple of weeks to be updated recently.

Do you have a case handler working on this and have they gone back to Openreach to chase that up yet?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Yes and yes

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

@ReachForThe Openreach will email your case handler back once they've updated the address records. I'm sorry for any inconvenience by the delay.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

That's the problem, my address does not appear on that system.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

as an ORDI has been submitted to correct your records then as mod posted it can take a couple of weeks for openreach to make the changes and your case handler will get back to you when they hear from openreach

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings