cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

Option to renew current package suddenly not available

When I logged in to check my latest bill this morning, I decided to click the button to see my personal offers and what was available.

The first offer was BT Halo 3 at the same price I currently pay. I clicked to add it to my basket and was taken to a page to choose my call package, and was pleased to see it had the option to keep the phone package I currently have (which is better than those currently available)

I then set about to research whether taking this package now would avoid the huge inflationary price increase at the end of this month, and consensus seems to be that it would. I therefore decided I'd log back in this evening and renew my contract.

I just logged in again and followed the same procedure, but on clicking "Checkout now", it takes me to a page that says, "Sorry, the package you've selected isn't available. Please choose another from those shown below." Then, "Because you're already a BT broadband customer, the package you selected isn't available." The only option below is, "I'm happy with my current package", with the end date given as March 2024.

This has definitely changed since this morning. Before it went straight to the phone package page, with no mention of me not being able to renew my package. Why the change? What's different since this morning?

Is it supposed to be possible to renew my package early to avoid the price increase? Why is it given as one of my personalised offers if I'm not supposed to be able to do it? Is it likely to work again if I try it tomorrow morning?

0 Ratings