cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 13

Order cancelled with no notification

On 15th January I tried to order phone and broadband infinity with BT. I recieved several emails confirming the order and had £59.99 taken from my account. I also set up my online account with BT.

Today (24th January) I logged into my BT account and found out that my order had been cancelled (on the 15th!!) I recieved no email from BT about this. I rang customer services and spoke to 4 different people - eventually I was told that the order was cancelled because openreach had cancelled it and this was because of my current provider Sky and nothing to do with BT. I was also told there was nothing they could do to help me. I have now spoken to a very helpful person at sky, who owned my case himself and investigated, confirming that Sky did not fail the order and it was likely to be an issue with Openreach and there is nothing blocking my transfer to BT. BT have told me that I have to reorder tomorrow. Why do I have to do this when the cancellation was nothing to do with me? Shocking experience.
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Order cancelled with no notification

Help from mod needed please
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

Welcome to this user forum.

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Its possible that the fibre cabinet is full.

Has your phone line been transferred, or is it still with Sky?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Hello - many thanks for your reply Keith, nice to knlw that someone is listening! My phone line is still with Sky. This is the element which was "cancelled" by openreach. All my current services are still with sky following the cancellation of my order.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

you can use the address checker instead
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Hi John, it says that it cannot match my address which is not unusual for these sorts of databases as its a relatively new build which had a new postcode assigned. However I have had BT services (line rental, broadband and phone) at this address before, so availability should not be a problem.

BT have not mentioned availability as a reason for cancellation. What BT has told me is that the order was cancelled by Openreach due to a block from Sky - Sky have been clear that this is not true and there is no block from them. I am also very concerned that I was not contacted by BT about the order cancellation but found this out myself by chance. I also want to understand why BT are telling me that I am fine to reorder but I need to reorder tomorrow either online or by phoning them back. Why can they not just reinstate the order themselves? It is linked to both cashback and a BT voucher incentive which I do not want to lose. I have spent several hours on the phone today and still do not have a satisfactory explanation of why my order was cancelled (after payment was taken), why I was not informed of the cancellation and what I need to do to move my business from sky to BT.

Any additional help appeciated. Thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

@Smeghead23rdcen wrote:
 my business from sky to BT.

I assume you do not mean a business?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

No, I mean my business as a paying customer. Sorry for any confusiom
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

@Smeghead23rdcen wrote:
No, I mean my business as a paying customer. Sorry for any confusiom

Just  making sure you wer on the right forum Smiley Wink

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Thanks Keith - very helpful
0 Ratings