Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
wayned22
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Order fulfillment, customer service and billing nightmare

Go to solution

Considering BT are a communications company; the incredible confusion that exists within customer services (mostly but not exclusively from the Indian end of operations), frankly beggars belief. I've wasted so much time on the phone, then live chat hoping that some understanding would be forthcoming and registering complaints about numerous aspects of the operation; all to date with no resolution.

I originally ordered BT Infinty 1 with BT Sport Pack on 25 February. After various conversations about delays and 'problems' with customer service on 17 March a new order was created, meaning I now have 2 primary accounts. Broadband went live on 4 April. I noticed that BT Sport channels were not available through my Youview box, although online access through My BT was fine. Various conversations came to nothing, only persistence and research revealed this was a data integrity issue. I spoke to a lady in sales, which is always the quickest way to connect to someone who can communicate better, on Monday. After speaking to her manager, she informed me it was a data integrity issue and she would email the offline team to contact me to resolve within 2 days. A day later I received a garbled answerphone message saying that someone would call me again and to wait for their call. I'm still waiting....

Now, like many people I'm not always available to speak with, and this seems to be a problem for BT. If the issue has been communicated clearly and accepted, why can't it just be resolved and an email sent to confirm this with a proper contact who will address, if necessary, afterwards?  

I have another open complaint lodged with regard to the BT £100 prepaid card, which so far has been responded to as a 'Sainsbury's Card' which I've pointed out is incorrect. I yesterday received my first bill and noticed I've been overcharged for broadband at £25 per month when it should be £10. I'm sure that the second order made on 17 March by an incompetent operator is causing these other problems. Customer service is a shambles, it's amazing that BT is still in business when everything is such hard work. There is no clarity, no one seems to really know or care how to give good customer service. This is really bad for business as any business relies on recommendations from happy customers. I'm not a happy customer. I've made full notes of names of people and the times I made contact as I'm sure these are all recorded, obviously to help BT with staff training. I'm a customer service professional and understand how this should work.

Who would like to take ownership of this? Do I need to contact Libby Barr? This is becoming a part time job!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Order fulfillment, customer service and billing nightmare

Go to solution

Hi @wayned22 and welcome.

I'm really sorry you've had so many problems getting sorted. The least you should expect is a call back when promised. I'll be happy to step in and sort this out for you. Can you please drop me over an email with the details. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile. We're busier than usual so it's taking longer than expected to reply but once you submit your details you'll be in our queue and we'll get to you as soon as possible.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
wayned22
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks David, I have emailed additional information to help you resolve.

Thanks

Wayne
0 Ratings
wayned22
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

David

I have BT TV now but the BT Sport channels have disappeared from the TV guide. Using the online tool it says I do not have a BT Sport subscription but the account information says I do in My BT. I think there is some confusion as I still have 2 primary accounts showing. I'm only an amateur though. I'm not going to call or live chat as that doesn't work as we've previously established. I'll leave it with you.

Thanks

Wayne

0 Ratings
wayned22
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
David

Good news! BT Sport has started today on Youview. I look forward to hearing from you about the billing issue outlined in my email to you.

Thanks for your help so far.

Wayne
0 Ratings
wayned22
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I would like to thank Michelle S for her persistence, dedication and attention to detail in resolving my multiple issues. Well done for renewing my faith in BT. We got there in the end!