Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Delh
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Ordered infinity- cancelled infinity

I decided last week, well 5 days ago to be precise to go ahead order infinity and upgrade my TV package to the entertainment package, rang BT yes available won't cost me any more than I am paying now( out of contract and didn't want to sign up to a new contract until I decided about the broadband and TV). I specifically asked if an engineer visit was needed and was quite clearly told no, I work full time and am not prepared to take a days leave and hang around all day my choice. Got a letter 3 days later confirming the order and that my present direct debit would stay the same. Came home from work today to another letter informing me an engineer visit had been booked for the 19th between 8am and 1pm but to be prepared to be there 3-4 hours after that if they didn't come until the end of the slot- so a whole day then!! Rang to find put what was going on got put through to the off shore centre who didn't understand what I was talking about then finally transferred to someone who did seem to understand after being put on hold I was told that open reach said there was a fault on the lone- funny how I have had BT broadband for years and the only fault I have ever had was caused by an open reach engineer.
So I have told them to,cancel the order 1) I don't like being messed about and whilst some may not I consider being told no visit due then sent. A letter with no explanation being told it is being messed around. 2) I'm not taking a days leave for BT I value my leave and as they don't offer weekend appointments or even fixed time appointments I would have to take the whole day. 3) after my last experience with open reach in my house there is no way on this gods earth I want them any where near, they came to change the plate and completely messed up my broadband for 6 months because somebody pressed the wrong button!
As a result I am now looking at other providers because after 28+ years as a BT customer I am afraid I won't put up with such poor service I know the guy in the phone works for BT and will defend them and I don't blame them at all but I'm sorry if you want to change something that has been agree then you consult with the customer you don't just send them a letter telling them
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ordered infinity- cancelled infinity

Hi Delh,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry for the problems you're having.  I'm happy to help you from here.

Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Delh
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Did as you asked and not heard anything back
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Once you have replied to the moderators by the link, it can at present take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings