cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JulianDScott
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Our Line Has Been Moved Without Permission!!

Hopefully someone can help as we are hitting brick wall at every turn!!

My partner and I returned to BT around 14 months ago, and we were very happy with the services LandLine/Phone/TV then in December 2017 we moved house to our current address. A few teething issues with quality of TV service and broadband speed but nothing to lose sleep over!

Fast forward to October 2018 I received a txt message from BT saying someone was attempting to take the line at the address over and to contact if we did not want this to happen. So after making a coffee the process started this took well over an hour on hold and speaking with various people, fairly happy as during the convo the speed of the broadband turned out to be under the minimum promise so the call was escalated to Openreach and the speed slightly improved so a general win win...... A few days after this we received a letter from EE stating they were taking the line over, my partner then decided to lose an afternoon by speaking with EE and telling them this order was nothing to do with us and the line was not to be moved.

Fast forward again to Saturday 3rd November 2018 and receive a letter from BT saying sorry you are leaving, all services have been ceased the account has been closed oh and for doing all this please send £210 by return.....!!!!

So back on to the phone well mobile as obviously the landline was out of commission, and after several hours being bounced about we have a new account set up and got the we are sorry but the new service will not start till 12th November, this is an issue in itself as I work in IT and I am disabled so now I dont have the ability to work from home, then to make it worse I get a txt this morning saying sorry but the new service wont start till the 19th Nov 2018!

We are awaiting a call from the complaints team as the guys we spoke to last nigh could not have helped more however their hands were tied to what they could do and see. My question is how can someone else “close” down our account cease all services and leave us at risk for over £200 of bills??

Ideally I need BT to pull their finger out and sort an issue that’s not been caused by myself and my partner and get all services back on and the number our friends, family and more important hospitals have as our contact!

Any advice or departments to speak to in BT would be a great help!

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Our Line Has Been Moved Without Permission!!

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 12

@JulianDScott I'm really sorry to see that your service has been cut off without your consent, I'm afraid if the transfer has completed and the other provider now has the line we are unable to expedite the transfer order due to industry rules regarding the timescales involved when taking the line over from another provider. I appreciate this is not ideal but we will be able to check over your account details to make sure that everything that we can do has been done to get your line back. 

Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

JulianDScott
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

Following further calls this morning with EE the line has not been moved they have corrected their address and are now providing a service at the correct address. This being the case why do we need to go ahead with setting up a new contract and new lines??

Due to the impending disconnection and re connection I am not going to be able to work being disabled - Mobility impared who is there to assist us?? This all being case why can the failed order from EE be removed from the system as EE the transfer is not taking place??!!

0 Ratings
JulianDScott
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

Thanks Keith,

we are really struggling, managed to track down someone in EE who has confirmed the order was changed to the correct address so now our original number is now in the wind and all we want to do is keep our existing number and account!!

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 12

@JulianDScott If your line has been stopped already due to the transfer request then the only way to reactivate it is to place an new order to provide service which also starts a new contract as part of the order. The contract be removed once the order completes.  If EE have any tags on the line to say they are now the provider it will likely cause us to have to wait the minimum provision time of 2 weeks but if you send over your info on the contact the mods link we will be happy to check this over and see if anything can be done to help.

0 Ratings
JulianDScott
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

My partner is on a call with a manager at BT, its crazy that someone can apply to take a line over and even after speaking to BT to say its incorrect and speaking to EE to say its incorrect, then the person that orders the line corrects the order to the correct address we still end up with a large knife ready to chop all our services off.

I have been a customer of BT on and off for 30 years, personally and corporate......spending over 3million a year on managed services and lines and I have never experienced troubles and issues like this ever

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

I suggest you take up @NeilO 's offer and complete the form linked to in his profile.

0 Ratings
JulianDScott
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Sadly I have tried and the link keeps timing out, I am happy to be contacted directly I feel we have got as far as we can with the team online. It turns out the call last night was not escalated correctly so following a further 2 hours on the phone with BT and EE we will be called by Openreach tomorrow however none of this is made better by BT admitting this is their fault!

I would hope that tomorrow when Openreach is open on Monday and as a minimum all costs caused by this mistake caused by someone else are waived and our broadband is upgraded to broadband plus as some form of recompense for the stress and upset this has caused myself and my partner.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 10 of 12

@JulianDScott I've private messaged you the contact link. You mentioned your partner was speaking with a manager today. Have they taken on the escalation today? If they have the moderation team would not usually intervene as managers have more authority.

0 Ratings