cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Over paying for my service?

I've noticed that there are a bunch of new price offers been launched today and reading on the ISPReview site that the offer for the current service I have is;

Superfast Fibre 2 is £29.99 a month for 24 months (£37.99 thereafter).

So I'm thinking the normal price for this service is £37.99 and its reduced on offer to £29.99 for 24 months?

If this is the case then why am I paying £58.99 per month?

I am out of contract and that is probably a factor. I wouldn't mind re-contracting with BT if I was to pay the £37.99 instead of the amount I'm paying now. I seem to be paying the highest price than any of the other services, even the faster services like G.fast and FTTP.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Over paying for my service?

Why not ring BT on 0800 800 030, and see what they can offer. Its helpful to have some other ISP prices to quote them.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

This is the underlying problem I'm having and is why I started (trying) to look at what deals were on offer.

My instinct is that the £58.99 includes line rental whereas the £37.99 doesn't (N.B. my instinct may be completely wrong)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

All packages now include line rental.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

@Wobble wrote:

This is the underlying problem I'm having and is why I started (trying) to look at what deals were on offer.

My instinct is that the £58.99 includes line rental whereas the £37.99 doesn't (N.B. my instinct may be completely wrong)

No, all of the packages now include line rental.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

No, all of the packages now include line rental.

Wow - I'll definitely be chasing this with them then (after gathering a few quotes from competitors - thanks!)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

@Wobble  are you out of your fixed term contract or is it due to renew shortly?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

@imjollywrote:

@Wobble  are you out of your fixed term contract or is it due to renew shortly?

I am unsure, although I think I'm likely out of fixed-term contract since the last order I placed looks to be back in Oct 2018 (Line rental saver that required a new contract).

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

if you are out of contract the soonet you phone optins team on number @Keith_Beddoe posted the better.  you are not forced to accept the offer.  you can wait and try in couple of days and get a different advisor

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings