Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmillar1810
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Overcharge/Data Integrity

Hi, 

I was hoping for some help.

I took out a contact extension in September 2018, with a price I was happy with for my package on a 18month contract. At the start of February I was reviewing my billing and found that I was being overbilled - a total of ~£160 over.

So I rang BT to review, and they had issues finding my account based on the Account number. Long story short there was a Data Integrity issue on the BT side. They said this would need correcting before reviewing the bill.

The next day (6/2/19), it appearred all my services were turned off. I rang, and they explained that the data integrity issue needed resolving by turning my services off, but they would be turned back on straight away. Leaving it for a week, I rang BT as I have not heard anything, and effectively there was no plan to turn back on my services. I requested a Claim Manager to take over the case over a week ago, but they still have not been in touch.

This week I had a call (not from a claim manager) saying I needed to create a new order to have my services turned on. I reluctantly did so, at a price ~£10/month more than my original contact, but was told this could be corrected. Now my services are due to be turned on, on the 26th (nearly 3 weeks without services...)

After ~3hrs of my time trying to resolve this, and constantly asking (in vain) to be put through to my claim manager, I am nearly giving up. Hence this post...

Can anyone help:
1) How can I get through to my claim manager? I need to correct the overpayment on my new order

2) is there any way to pull forward the date services are turned back on? Should I expect compenstation for the time without services? If so, how much?

3) If I continue to struggle to correct this with BT, is there a governing body I can use to help? 

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Overcharge/Data Integrity

I have asked the forum mods who are BT employees to see if they can help you. They will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Hi @mmillar1810 sorry that you have been left so long without services and that you have been unable to get any refund. We will be happy to help you with this but we may not be able to bring the connection date forward. 've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
mmillar1810
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Hi @JohnC2, thanks for the help offered, but I have not received a private note?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@mmillar1810 sorry about that, I've sent it again.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings