cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ninjafairy1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Overcharged Bill, My Anytime Calls Added without consent - Complained but no reply!

I got a call out of the blue late last week from BT, reviewing our package. Appears that they have put the account on their My Anytime Calls package and are charging us £1.00 per month, without consultation or agreement.

I asked when this had been added to the account- was end of January 2019 - they've been billing us for 0300 calls, 0345 calls and standard landline calls, whilst this new thing is active in the background.

Have complained and got a small amount of refund but there's still charges which we are due a refund on. Had they not rang us, I'd be none the wiser, as the bills still show us as being on their Unlimited Weekend Calls!

Have no idea what is going on, have put a complaint in on Live Chat, got a reference number and was promised a callback within 48hrs - still waiting...

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Bernie-the-Bolt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Overcharged Bill, My Anytime Calls Added without consent - Complained but no reply!

We picked this up on our Bill for this month, too.

I called 0800 800 150 and very quickly got through to a call centre where I was told that I should have received an email for me to confirm that I was happy to be changed over to this call plan. I had never received an email to this effect and the advisor admitted that there had been problems in notifying people. Having said that I had not agreed to this plan I can confirm that I have now had this charge refunded. Following this, the first  advisor put me through to a second (in a different call centre) where this 'advisor' tried very hard to inform me what a good deal it was! Having stood my ground he accepted that (his having failed) the latest bill would be rolled back to my previous (current) plan and charges would be adjusted accordingly for my May/June bill.

Footnote - As I see it BT are trying to make money out of low 'phone use people in the dying days of the PSTN which, considering that this service is to be terminated by 2025, is a bit farcical really!

0 Ratings
Bernie-the-Bolt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Overcharged Bill, My Anytime Calls Added without consent - Complained but no reply!

update - go to this link in your 'My BT' https://my.bt.com/eIM/cya/reporting/whatYouUsed.do?siteArea=con.mya&type=9&allCalls=true&fromPage=Yo...
and youll find out what your calls are, and how much it should cost you. The difference to me was a WHOLE £1 increase!
0 Ratings