cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tazmac1974
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP! Let down by BT!

This is our first message. I would love a MOD to be able to try and answer our query, sort us out, before our solicitor gets involved, thanks

This is what we have sent to Customer services by post, 4.1.16 Some things have been deleted WHILST on here with Mods etc 24.2.16.

THE WHOLE BT EXPERIENCE, from start to finish. We are moving / cancelling ALL of our services from you. EVERYTHING. Not just what you said in the email, BUT what the lovely, polite, nice BT lady from LIVERPOOL said she'd move whilst on the phone tonight (22.12.15).
We don't want BT sport 1 anymore (& we're certainly not paying BT FOR IT, for the privilege!!!!!)
THE WHOLE BT EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN A LET DOWN, a damp squib, *****, downright depressing. If it had been a horse, it would have been put out of it's misery a long time ago.
We initially signed up a while ago (Please check our account history).

24.2.16 - THIS IS OF COURSE AN ONLINE MESSAGING SERVICE THAT I HOPE TO DISCUSS WITH MODERATORS...THE BT CUSTOMER ACCOUNT DETAILS OF WHICH HAVE BEEN DELETED, BUT SUFFICE TO SAY WE'D SIGNED UP TO BT AS NEW CUSTOMERS/NEW BUILD HOUSE AT BEGINNING OF DECEMBER 2013, but BT DIDN'T START OUR SERVICE UNTIL THE MIDDLE OF MARCH 2014 (WHILST BILLING US ALL ALONG FOR SERVICES FROM THE START OF DECEMBER 2013, SOME OF WHICH WE NEVER EVEN ASKED FOR!)

It was only for an initial 18 month contract, so really up until the end of JUNE 2015, with Fibre Broadband offer 12 months til Dec 14, THEN back to certain price from Jan until June 15 when we would have looked for a better deal for everything. (Toooo long I thought, but give BT A BREAK). Due to your total lack of customer service & your WANT for profit & the underhanded nature of your business practices, we sadly have had to be with you (like our own version of leprosy) up now until DECEMBER 2015 AND still not being told a final date for END OF CONTRACT! STILL, we endeavoured to get ourselves prepared:
1. Leave BT on given date, having given enough notice as we were at the end of our contract (REMEMBER, an 18 month one if you'd have kept your side & not bullied or lied or manipulated and changed it over and over again, where November 2015 was now the END of Contract date).
2. Be signed up to a new supplier at the end of Nov 15 with ... Company X..., if you will, to supply our property with Line Rental, All calls paid up front as an ANYTIME type of thing & Fibre Optic Broadband (which you promised us way back but never delivered).
3. Have the NEW service started well before Christmas 2015, with little or no 'stoppage' of service whilst Company X switches over. By the way, WITH NO ACTIVATION FEE on this companies side, you robbing, swindling, bunch of *******. Because as we all know, it's a simple matter and a SWITCH is moved by you. Like a ******* lightbulb going off and on again. OHHH, you know you can, just look how long it took you to SWITCH on BT SPORT through our SKY box when we threatened to leave, complain and begin court proceedings.
We never intended to pay BT for Bt Sport unless we'd have been given what we asked for back in December 2013, that is...BT SPORT HD (We pay enough to SKY). We have never, ever, ever had THAT OR ANY service from you (You know which month, day, hour, minute and second you eventually switched it on & over to our SKY package, when it was SUPPOSED to be sorted back in Dec 13 (& not through BT - TV... WHICH WE NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER ORDERED & I'll have a judge subpoena the phone call records from that time if I have to, you lying pieces of ****) You then had the nerve to tell us LATER in another of your ridiculous 'Customer Services' calls, that we were now in a NEW contract with you. AGAIN, you robbing, swindling, bunch of cowboys.
Now TODAY, 27.12.15, you have had the sheer nerve to charge us £45.00 on Dec 18th (WHILST OUT OF CONTRACT & by this time we SHOULD BE OUT OF BTs CLUTCHES.) The last straw!
........Or so I thought. The straw that really broke the camels back wasn't this £45.00, or a stupid Mother ******* activation fee of £49.00 that we would now have to pay to BT to activate a new broadband minimum 12-month-contract (and not even get good offers on new unlimited broadband or Fibre Optic Bb, as we were EXISTING CUSTOMERS)! No, not even that. It was the email sent (22.12.15) that suggested that only our line rental would move to the new company (COMPANY X) on the 08.01.16 and that Broadband & BT Sport thru SKY, would still continue to be charged!!!
STOP SPORT THROUGH SKY RIGHT NOW. Don't you dare charge us £6.75, I double dare you ******-*******!
HAPPY ******* CHRISTMAS, from a really ****** OFF customer.
Not Sincerely in any respect,
Mr X M**.......

UPDATE February 16.
NOW, WE HAVE MOVED COMPANIES & ARE GETTING CHARGED BY THEM FOR LINE RENTAL, CALLS AND NORMAL BROADBAND (of course until OPENREACH get their finger out & FLICK A SWITCH to our property, we have not got FIBRE OPTIC capability on our line so can't receive FIBRE OPTIC from our new telephone company ... ... EVEN THOUGH...AND THIS REALLY IS OUT LOUD... BT PROMISED THAT THIS HAD BEEN SORTED BY OPENREACH ENGINEERS BACK IN MARCH / APRIL 2014 so WE COULD FINALLY HAVE BT FIBRE BROADBAND!!!!!!!!

WE MOVED / SWITCHED OVER COMPANIES OFFICIALLY ON 8.1.16, with COMPANY X TAKING OVER BILLING FOR ALL OUR SERVICES FROM THEN, AN EMAIL FROM THEM STATING THAT PHONE CALL COVER STARTED WITH THEM 14.1.16. So WE'VE BEEN BILLED THRICE NOW BY THEM FOR OUR NEW SERVICES (December, January and February).

WHY HAVE BT TAKEN £45 odd December 15 and £53 odd January 16.
NOW IN February 16, YOU want to take Another £45.00. ****** THIEVES!

A formal letter of complaint will be also be emailed and hard-copy posted to BT head office and CC'd to a solicitors representative, detailing the action we will be taking against British Telecom @ our convenience.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: PLEASE SOMEONE HELP! Let down by BT!

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

They are very busy at present, so it may take a week before they can help.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Tazmac1974 Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry for the problems you're having. 

We'll be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Tazmac1974
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for the swift response both of you, superb!

0 Ratings