cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

POA Form

Go to solution

Hi again

I have POA for my Mother and on the website it says to complete a POA or Appointee form, however there is no hint as to where to find that form - can anyone help me please?

Thank you

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: POA Form

Go to solution

@bryan58 

BT do not provide that form, it comes from you or your legal representative If you are unsure, then ask a solicitor or The Court Of Protection.

If you have a POA, then a certified copy would be needed by BT.

https://www.bt.com/help/account-and-billing/what-power-of-attorney--poa--does-bt-accept-

Quote "We'll need the BT account number (it's on the bill) and we'll need to see a certified copy of the Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA). This means that each page will need a statement that it's a 'certified copy of the original' and must be signed by the donor, who must still have capacity. The same applies to an Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA).

We can also accept access codes (these need to be sent to us in the post) which will allow us to digitally verify your lasting power of attorney. This service can be used if the LPA was registered on or after 1 September 2019.

If the donor has lost capacity, a solicitor will need to certify a copy.

If you've got an EPA, it doesn't need to be registered with the Office of the Public Guardian (OPG) unless the donor no longer has mental capacity."

Message 3 of 3

Re: POA Form

Go to solution

Great info from @Keith_Beddoe  but also send a copy of the POA, BT do not return the form afterwards, it gets scanned, the account updated and then the POA form is destroyed.