Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
COMPANY-PENSIONER
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 11

Packages ?

Go to solution

Hi there.
I've received an email regarding 'save up to £15 a month'. The email indicates that it's an Ofcom directive to Providers, regarding informing customers of VFM.
Although there's a saving, in the package, it has a drop in Broadband Speed. So, it's not for me.
It would be advantageous to me, for BT, to 'package' my existing services, and give 'em to me at a cheaper price. Now, there's a new Sales Pitch Inititive. Bet, it doesn't catch on !
Packageless. SinecoalCirph4.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: Packages ?

Go to solution

@COMPANY-PENSIONERwrote:

Although there's a saving, in the package, it has a drop in Broadband Speed. So, it's not for me.

What package are you on and what is the offer ? most confusion comes over ISP's using average speeds now, rather than the old up to.

0 Ratings
COMPANY-PENSIONER
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

@-Richie-wrote:

@COMPANY-PENSIONERwrote:

What package are you on and what is the offer ? most confusion comes over ISP's using average speeds now, rather than the old up to.

When BT offer me a package, equal or above, what I've now; at a decent saving. I'll consider it.

SinecoalCirph4.

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

That wasn't the answer to my question, clearly you've already made up your mind, so I'll wish you good day.

0 Ratings
COMPANY-PENSIONER
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

@-Richie-wrote:

That wasn't the answer to my question, clearly you've already made up your mind, so I'll wish you good day.

Supplying personal info on an open forum, as 'answers', just ain't smart.
I read the 'package offers'. Better still, technically, I understand the offers.

. . . so I'll wish you good day, keeping all my toys in the pram !

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

@COMPANY-PENSIONER wrote:

@-Richie-wrote:

Supplying personal info on an open forum, as 'answers', just ain't smart.
I read the 'package offers'. Better still, technically, I understand the offers.

. . . so I'll wish you good day, keeping all my toys in the pram !

What a weird response to a reasonable question. You were not asked for any personal info. All you were asked for was what package you were on, which is hardly personal, and what was the offer BT had made which again would not be supplying any personal info!

COMPANY-PENSIONER
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

@gg30340wrote:

What a weird response to a reasonable question. You were not asked for any
personal info. All you were asked for was what package you were on, which is hardly personal, and what was the offer BT had made which again would not be supplying any personal info!

What I was looking for, was a response to a notion of a personally tailored, 'mix & match' package. A package where, what I'm currently billed; would simply be discounted.
Not going to happen, is it ? There's always 'UNSUBSCRIBE'
SinecoalCirph4.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Perhaps if you had answered the question asked you would have been given advice on what number to call, like may people do, in order to get a "personally tailored, 'mix & match' package"  but I guess you will never know now.

COMPANY-PENSIONER
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

@gg30340wrote:

Perhaps if you had answered the question asked you would have been given advice on what number to call, like may people do, in order to get a "personally tailored, 'mix & match' package"  but I guess you will never know now.

Having absorbed the email offer package, I ran the BT website for similar packages. There were no corresponding packages. So, I assumed that the email package, was fairly unique to me. The email package contained a slower Broadband Product. So, a cheaper package, with slower broadband, is a no go. It would be so easy for me, for my products to be 'packaged', and then, discounted. Until a deal is advantageous to me, I'll stick with my current items.
SinecoalCirph4.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

HI @COMPANY-PENSIONER,

I can understand why you are reluctant to discuss the package that you are on openly here. Would you like to speak with one of my team to see if we can find you a deal that doesn't affect your speeds?

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings