cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Twixious
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Paper billing

I am planning to upgrade from Bt Broadband, to Bt Infinity however only paper free billing is available, i did some research and found that by calling 0800 800 150 I can ask for paper billing.

Can someone guarantee that after I upgrade to Infinity(+ new 18 month contract) with its paper free billing, i will be able to call that number and switch back to paper billing? Or will they say something like "Sorry when you signed the contract it was only for Paper free bills, you cannot switch to paper bills again."

Sorry if this is a silly question, but due to my circumstances Paper Bills are my ONLY option and I just want to make sure.

Thank you in advance!

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
geo1986
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: Paper billing

You can have paper bills, but they are being charged for now if you have broadband and will cost you £1.50 a month.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 10

BT have never charged me for paper bills.  Some people on this forum have mentioned charges for paper bills from July, but BT haven't informed me of any charges yet.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

I suggest you contact live chat at this link they should be able to help you get Paper billing set up 

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

0 Ratings
geo1986
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 10

Charging for paper bills is definetly happening if you have broadband in the next couple of months
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 10

@geo1986 wrote:
You can have paper bills, but they are being charged for now if you have broadband and will cost you £1.50 a month.

I used to get a discount for having only paper free billing (about £3.50pm iirc), then they did away with that discount.

So rather than me spending my money on printing out my bill, I then requested a paper bill (with my paper free bill) and currently have both.

Now they're going to charge for a computer to stick 2/3/4 pieces of paper in an automated envelope sealer and have it sent by royal mail - be interesting to find out the actual true cost for this process per customer per month. Can't see it being anywhere near the £1.50 they plan on charging, but I could be wrong......

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Highlighted
peterwt
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 10

Ectophile BT told me that all BT Broadband customers will be informed of the charges for paper bills before they start charging in July.

Peter
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 10

Don't hold your breath. BT were supposed to tell everyone about the rate changes at the start of this year but they didn't for a few people including me

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 10

I've just found this page http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44027/kw/paper%20free/c/761,2072,2098 in the on-line help.  It looks like BT haven't bothered to inform those affected yet.

As usual, if you disagree with the increase (or are just fed up with BT and are looking for an opportunity to leave), then you can cancel your broadband without penalty when BT finally sends you the notice.

Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 10

Update:

Those broadband customers who really want paper bills can work around BT's new charges by asking to switch to large print bills.  This is free, presumably because BT doesn't want to fall foul of the Disability Discrimination Act.

However, there's a catch.  In retaliation for keeping paper bills, BT will remove access to any useful billing information on MyBT.  You can still log in, but all the information has gone.  So there will be no way to check your recent usage or check what package you are on.  Even the link to the broadband usage meter will be gone, though I have found that you can still get to via Andyweb Shortcut 14j (http://www.andyweb.co.uk/shortcuts/).

0 Ratings