cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Paying for Norton

I have just bought a new PC for Christmas and I have now learned through this forum that BT has migrated from McAfee to Norton since 13/12/21 - I had no idea.

However, when I install Norton it gives me the message:

BT Virus Protect
To keep you safe from viruses, spyware and other threats, we’ve teamed up with the cybersecurity experts from Norton.

Install BT Virus Protect on up to 15 devices included with your broadband subscription.

Protect up to 15 PCs, Macs, Android phones and tablets for £4.18 a month with the first month on us

I am confused; It says 15 devices are included in my subscription, then it says it is £4.18 a month.

It can't be both.  Is it included in my BT bill or will it cost me and extra £4.18 a month?

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Paying for Norton

Hi @JD486 and welcome back.

Take a look at Important updates to your virus and password protection for updates on the switch to Norton. The new app is live on Google Play store and will gradually get rolled out to customers over time – over the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, if you already have the McAfee version of the BT Virus Protect app installed, it will continue to work as normal. At some point later your device will receive the automatic update from the Google Play store, which you will need to update on your device - just as you would update any app. One you’ve got the update you’ll have to login with you BTID credential just once to activate. Please note, we are aware of an issue preventing some customers from logging in at present. We’re actively trying to put that right. 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

thanks for the response.

However, neither your reply or the link supplied actually answers the question I asked.

Is the cost of Norton included in my monthly bill or do I have to pay £4.18 a month?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Hi @JD486 ,

Sorry I wasn't clear on that. All BT broadband customers get either 2 or 15 licences of Norton free as standard, as part of their broadband package. You can check your entitlement on MyBT. For those who are entitled to 2 licences for free but want to get 15 licences, they can upgrade to 15 licences by paying £4.18 a month with the first month free.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

I give up. This is like juggling soot.
Thanks anyway/
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

No, its quite straightforward. Depending on which broadband package you are on you will have either 2 or 15 free licences. This can be checked in MyBT. If you are only entitled to 2 free licences, further licences can be purchased.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

No, it can't.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

From memory it's :

Home Essential = 2 licences
Fibre Essential = 2 licences
ADSL (Copper BB) = 2 licences
Fibre 1 = 2 licences
Fibre 2 or above (including Halo packages) = 15 licences

*Edit*
Updated my spelling errors, so as not to cause offence.

Message 9 of 16

OK I'll try again

I have halo so I have 15 licences.

My original question " Is it included in my BT bill or will it cost me and extra £4.18 a month?"

That is what I asked. I still don't know.

ps. This is BRITISH telecom so we use British spellings. Licences not licenses. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

You shouldn't have to guess from memory and mybt should tell me.

0 Ratings