Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Penalty for leaving BT

Go to solution

Hi there, still have nine months of an 18 month contract to go with BT, but after viewing other companies packages, I think BT are being very greedy with their charges. Filed a complaint when I got an e mail telling me my classic TV was going up yet another £1 month. 

You g lady rang me today to say if I left I would owe them  over £200. I am an OAP and have been a loyal customer for as long as I can remember. Surely this isn’t right? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Penalty for leaving BT

Go to solution

you can cancel your TV package without penalty but your broadband/phone package is separate and you will incur penalties if you cancel within your 18 month contract period

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

You are in a contract that you agreed to. If you want to break it you have to pay a fee.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @jeanjeanie2   You can check what your early termination fees will be by following the link below and selecting early termination charges.

https://www.bt.com/assets/pdf/BT_PhoneTariff_Residential.pdf