cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Pension Credit Recipient Refused B.T. Discounts - BT Claims Fraudulent Application (Trust Pilot Tr)

TRANSFERRED RELUCTANTLY FROM TRUST PILOT TO THIS BOARD AT THE SUGGESTION OF "PADDY" BT STAFF M

What We Say Goes, So Don't Tell Us Your .....

My wife aged 77, a former optician has been with BT since 1981. She is disabled, in poor health, and receives Pension Credit, this qualifies her for the Basic Broadband package costing £18.00 per month, BT claims the price should be £24.99 pm. We ordered the Basic Package (NOT THE HOME ESSENTIALS PACKAGE) and have it installed making a saving of £7.00 per month. Long after the installation occurred B.T informed us they do not believe she is on Pension Credit so will not give her/us the agreed discounted price. So far three telephone conversations have been held with BT staff about this but there is no way we can convince them they are in the wrong, in order to prove this we obtained a signed letter from the UK Government Pension Service proving her entitlement claims is true, but BT do not have a Department that can handle disputes or prove written claims; if BT, they say you are not on Pension Credit then you're not on Pension Credit. And if you do not pay their incorrect bills, they will cut you off. If a BT monitor sees this post on TRUST PILOT will they tell us who to send a copy of the Pension's Service letter to, because your CS staff does not appear to know?

PS: If Paddy. Mandy or Rob, (the Alibis Producer for all Occasions & Errors Persons for BT) sees this post - please do not tell us to go on Facebook or Twitter to let BT know our problems, I am letting know through Trust Pilot that we want an actual BT live person name and address to send the proof letter mentioned above to. Someone from B.T. who claims 'the BUCK STOPS HERE?'

* We ordered and got BT Basic @ £18-00 pm. We do not care a jot if you now call it the HOME ESSENTIALS PACKAGE and have increased the price to £24.99 pence pm, It is still the BASIC BROADBAND PACKAGE dressed up to appear better to click another £7-00 per month extra from your treated like MUGS DISGRUNTLED CLIENTS. 

Edit Delete

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Pension Credit Recipient Refused B.T. Discounts - BT Claims Fraudulent Application (Trust Pilot

Did you see https://www.bt.com/exp/broadband/home-essentials

Pension Credit has to be Guaranteed Credit, usually paid to people to enhance their state pension to bring it up to the guaranteed minimum state pension.

It possible that a moderator may be able to offer advice on this thread, as this is jus a customer to customer forum.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Re: Pension Credit Recipient Refused B.T. Discounts - BT Claims Fraudulent Application (Trust Pilot

As far as I can see as well a check is ran with the DWP on applying so there's either a "yes, you're eligible" or "no, you're not as you're not getting the correct benefits". If there's issues with the eligibility & you believe they should be eligible that would be a question for the DWP if their records are incorrect

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

@WHISTLE-BLOWER I'm really sorry you've got cause to complain, I'll send you a private message so you can send over your details and we'll be happy to look into your concerns. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Reply from OP. We took BT to Court and got awarded £1650.00, they paid out last week and we got paid this sum. They were in denial for months, BT appointed Solicitors to defend BT, who must have known all along BT would lose.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Seems strange you got that without a non disclosure agreement tbh

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

That's what I love above B.T, on their alleged independent man in the street posts, they have a number of REWARDED EXPERTS who pose as Innocent observers who try to  reduce the impact of a post that is in the publics interest but damaging to there's - so they question it,  Ebay do the same, their rewarded pro-Ebay commentators get gifts, air tickets, kickbacks and all manner of little brown envelopes for doing the same thing on eBAYS behalf. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Just hit the logout button & don't come back if that's what you think. Nobody here gets rewards for any posts

Message 9 of 10

@WHISTLE-BLOWER wrote:

That's what I love above B.T, on their alleged independent man in the street posts, they have a number of REWARDED EXPERTS who pose as Innocent observers who try to  reduce the impact of a post that is in the publics interest but damaging to there's - so they question it,  Ebay do the same, their rewarded pro-Ebay commentators get gifts, air tickets, kickbacks and all manner of little brown envelopes for doing the same thing on eBAYS behalf. 

Get real.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Liquorice:  If you knew the full story you would be ashamed that what was once the Royal Mail  Post Offices sub-service and is now BT acted towards us in such a shameful outrageous manner. This overcharging commenced unknown to us in 2017, and when we discovered it in 2021, we were told "tough luck," if you do not check your bills then it is your fault, not ours, if you had complained within 3-months "the mistake of overcharging you could have been rectified but not now- its too late and we do not have the time to trawl through all your bills to work out what we took and must refund".  I know a great deal about the law and the law of contract so sued, we got £1650 returned which we asked for about 12 months ago and got turned down.  AS for eBay, they were voted in the USA as the worst customer service provider in a poll. If you use eBay you will know why.  To find out go on eBay and read the EBAY USERS FORUM PAGES. 

My BT complaint was headlined: Pension Credit Recipient Refused B.T. Discounts, we live in a care home, my wife had a stroke, she is ga-ga, the  BT acct holder for both of us, she gets Pension Credit, but BT cannot be bothered making an enquiry with the Pension service, so I got a Yes they do letter from the Pensions Service and sent it to BT  it was totally ignored, it was sent to the BT Head office, London, and the complaint centre in Durham. No use. My daughter lives in New Jersey and said their telephone service does the same thing, they expect subscribers to monitor their own bills to prevent overcharging which they call errors. 

0 Ratings