Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanJohn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

People have fibre around me but i don't

Go to solution

if you go over to the https://www.homeandbusiness.openreach.co.uk/fibre-broadband/when-can-i-get-fibre openreach website and select the PDF view and CTRL F the cabinet name BIRTLEY it says that my area has FTTC & FTTP available now but when i go onto the BT website and search my Postcode i don't have FTTC/P Available. Am I Missing something or is there any information where i can get which tells me when i will have FTTc/p available. I have also done a test on the bt speed checker. I have checked the post codes around me (around 5 minute walk) and they get fibre. I just want to know if i will be getting fibre because i really can't do much with the 600kb/s i have right now.

lLLAzim

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: People have fibre around me but i don't

Go to solution

unfortunately cab 6 is not fibre enabled and from dslchecker it is in planning stage  there is no timescale when upgrade will happen  others near you must be on a different cab to you

openreach won't move your line just so you can get broadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
DanJohn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

yes but according to the codelock website i am connected to two different cabinets P6 & P12. P12 has fibre so is there no way that i can use P12 for fibre?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

You are connected to cab 6 .  Code lookup shows the cabs in your area not the ones you are connected to so at present there is no fibre available on your cabinet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
DanJohn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Oh okay so i understand that i need to wait for Openreach to upgrade my cabinet to fibre but i don't understand why the PDF from openreach suggests that NEBR cabinet is fibre available.

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/super-fastfibreaccess/downloads/sffa_exchange_lists/a...

0 Ratings
CJT80
Expert
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

NEBR is the Exchange that the cabinet is fed from.... 

The Cabinet is 6.

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
DanJohn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

oh okay thank you another thing (sorry for adding this on) an openreach engineer came over today and said that although cabinet 6 does not have fibre Cabinet 7 does and Cabinet 6 is linked to cabinet 7. He informed me that i could get in contact with BT and ask them to send an engineer out to allow cabinet 6 to receive fibre from 7 but when i contacted BT they just told me cabinet 6 has no fibre and they didn't even listen to me or take note when i was talking about cabinet 7.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

The engineer was talking rubbish and I hope you don't need him to sort out your connection.  You are connected to cab 6 and openreach will not change your cab just for a broadband connection

DanJohn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

okay thanks again for the help i guess i just have to wait which will be painful.

0 Ratings