Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A_C
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Phone Line Required for FTTP?

Hi,

I had my fttp installed yesterday by the engineer. When I asked do I need a phone line he said no. Today I have tried to cancel my BT TV as I no longer want it and the advisor has stated I can’t cancel until a phone line is installed. Even though I don’t want one. Is this correct? I think it could be because my package is still showing as open on their system.

All I want to do is cancel my TV Package. Can anyone help?

Thanks 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Phone Line Required for FTTP?

@A_C 

There would still be a phone number associated with your connection even if you do not need it physically connected which is what the engineer was asking.

That number should be on your order, which may be waiting to close.

0 Ratings
Starwire
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 8

Re: Phone Line Required for FTTP?

If you’re a BT Consumer Customer then as said you will/must have a phone service that runs parallel to the FTTP Circuit, either delivered via Fibre Voice Access through the FTTP ONT or via the Public Switch Telephone Network and will be on the traditional phone Socket in your house.

BT Consumer don’t offer a Data Only Service so you pay for the phone service whether you use it or not.

0 Ratings
A_C
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Poor Service Can Anyone Help?

Hi i am really unhappy with the service i have so far received from BT. I have had to make numerous phone calls and my question is still not answered! 

I placed an order on the 22nd Jan 2020 for Ultra Fast Fibre 250 & added on BT TV at the checkout. With my order there was a promotion where i would get a Google Chrome cast and Google Stadia.

A couple of days after my order i called up as i wanted to cancel the BT TV i added as i found out that the BT Sport was not 4k HDR on the You View Box. The advisor stated i could only cancel once my BT TV was activated and this was going to be on the 7th February 2020.

My Smart Hub and You View was going to arrive to my address on a day when i would not be home all day to sign for the package. I called BT and the advisor suggested not signing for the package and let it be returned to them as i was going to cancel the TV pacakge and would not need the You View box. She then placed another order for a Smart Hub to be sent out the next day as this would fit through the post and would not need signing.

On the day of my installation the engineer arrived and installed my fibre. When i asked about phone line he stated it wasn't required for fibre.

The next day i spent over an hour on the phone once again trying to cancel my BT TV. I was passed from one advisor to another trying to cancel the TV. Eventually the TV was cancelled but the advisor stated they would have to send an engineer out to install a phone line as this should have been. When i stated the Openreach engineer stated i didn't need one the reply was some contractors do this. 

I then asked about my google chrome cast and stadia and the advisor stated this is not on your order you must have selected the wrong package. I know for a fact i selected the right one and when i checked out i qualified for this offer. He then said he will add it on so i don't need to worry and i will receive an email in a few days. Its been over a week and i have still not received an email from the gift team. Can anyone help as to why i have still not received an email?

Also with regards to the phone line is this required as my fibre is already setup and tv order cancelled but its still showing as an active order when i track my order.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Re: Poor Service Can Anyone Help?

@A_C 

As you have an ongoing unsolved thread with information which would be helpful to the moderators, I have added this new issue to that thread to  keep things together.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 6 of 8

Hi @A_C,

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry for the problems you've been having.  You do need a phone line with your broadband.  As you have been having so many problems and are no further forward we can pick this up and understand what has happened with your order.  For the Google Stadia, you will be sent an email 30 days after the order completes with a code and link to claim for the free gift.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
A_C
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Cheers Robbie,

my messages currently say you have no private messages?

Thanks

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 8 of 8

Thanks @A_C

I see you have managed to send us over your details.  We'll get back to you a soon as your details reach the top of our queue.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings