Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eiki
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 39

Phone and package prices?

Go to solution

Why are people who are paying BT low user telephone line rental tariff being charged more for their BB than those paying the full telephone line rental amount?

0 Ratings
38 REPLIES 38
ernie_c
Expert
Message 2 of 39

Re: Phone and package prices?

Go to solution
You'll need to provide more detail.

I presume you are talking about BT Basic but what BB are you talking about and give numbers.
eiki
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 39

Go to solution

Yes BT Basic for telephone service.

I have been informed that I can't have BT infinity at the same rate as other and I can't hae BT TV at the same rate as others because I am not paying 15.99 line rental?

Is this correct? and If it is why are BT Basic user being penalised? and Where can the rates you charge BT Basic users be seen?

0 Ratings
eiki
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 39

Go to solution

I am out of contract and just going from mnth to mnth. I am paying over £20 per mnth for Broadband.

I phoned and requested to have BT infinity and BT TV for the sport I was informed that as I am not paying 15.99 per mnth line rental I can't have them!

New customers can get Bb for £5.00 x 6 mnths then £10.00 per mnth -  but existing customers have to pay more!?!?!

I was informed she could reduce the broadband to £15+ per mnth but would have to have a new contract. 

At the moment you are offering BT TV £5.00 x 6 mths and £7.00 x 12 mnths and 1 off payment if £35.00 Plus BT infinity 1 @ £7.50 x 6 mnth and £15.00 x 12 mnths and 1 off £30 activation...It states "Line rental is required with all broadband packages" I AM PAYING A LINE RENTAL. This would total as £55.95 1 off payments and 6 mnths @ 12.50 then 12 mnths @ £22.00 per mnth.

Why can't I have the above with BT Basic telephone?

Why are BT basic customer being financially penalised if they use other BT services?

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 5 of 39

Go to solution
This has been raised before and if I remember correctly you can have broadband (not sure of TV) with BT Basic line.

Stew
Guru
Message 6 of 39

Go to solution
ernie_c
Expert
Message 7 of 39

Go to solution
IMHO BT Basic customers need to understand the benefit they are already getting over customers who are not allowed to get BT Basic.

BT Basic is £15.30 per quarter or 5.10 per month.

For this you get line rental + £1.50 worth of calls included + free BT Privacy with Caller ID.

Full paying customers would be paying £15.99 + £1.50 + £1.75 = £19.24 per month for this.

This means BT Basic customers are already getting a very significant discount per month of £14.14 which, in my opinion is relevant when looking for a further discount for broadband.
Highlighted
Guru
Message 8 of 39

Go to solution
As you say, "your opinion". I for one don't begrudge someone getting a good deal.
eiki
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 39

Go to solution

Ernie....A further discount is not requested for required, just parity with everyone else.

People who have BT Basic are being charged more for broadband than those paying the fully line rental... so what BT give with one hand they are taking away with the other. Why?

0 Ratings
eiki
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 39

Go to solution

Stew M..

yes...BT basic can only have basic broadband at a higher rate than those payng standard BT line rental. so what BT  give to BT Basic custiomers with one hand they take with the other...because the are charged more for basic broadband......WHY

0 Ratings