Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 39

Re: Phone and package prices?

Go to solution

Have you tried contacting the BT Options Team on 0800.800.030. It may be that the prices you are giving are for new customers. It is usual for new customers to be offered incentives to become a customer and this is often less than current customers are paying. If you check with the Options Team they may be able to offer a better deal.

Guru
Message 22 of 39

Go to solution

@eiki wrote:

Do you 3 forum workers (StewM – john46 – ernie_c) get some kind of perverted pleasure from forming a gang and bullying and replying in a sarcastic and offensive manner people who use this forum.

As you have not had the decency or courtesy to answer my direct questions, I do not intend to continue posting here as it is obvious that what I am asking is beyond you.

You have NOT been helpful or contributed anything other than insults and aggressive ridicule and derision and not answer the questions posed?

Oh dear. Just beacause you haven't got the ansewer you wanted.

As GG suggests, try customer options..........

0 Ratings
ernie_c
Expert
Message 23 of 39

Go to solution

I totally agree with StewM.

You are getting BT Basic for practically nothing. I have absolutely no issues with that and accept that there should be reduced prices for those on benefits but.....

....you have no right to get everything in life cheap because you are on benefits.

Like those of us not on benefits, you have to choose what to spend your money on. Simply because you are on benefits doesn't entitle you to reduced prices all the time while others pay full price.

PS You accused me and others of many things, none of which are true.

We are entitled to our view.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 24 of 39

Go to solution

@eiki wrote:

BT Basic customers being charged Broadband £20.06 + £5.10+ line rental =  £25.16............ for something others and new customers can get for Broadband £10.00 + £15.99 line rent =£25.99

What BT page shows the prices BT charge BT Basic customers for broadband? Where can it be seen on the internet?

The £10 Broadband comparison you use does not seem realistic. The 6 months discounted rates and certain other special offers on the main product sales pages are only for customers new to BT broadband. I'm an existing customer, I pay the full line rental, I've completed my current broadband contract minimum term, and BT don't offer me those deals on a new contract. Smiley Sad

The normal combined Broadband & Calls prices for existing customers are detailed on the Upgrade your BT Broadband page. So I would think you should be arguing for one of those deals rather than the deals for new customers. 

The higher prices for standalone Broadband are detailed on page 28 of the BT Tariff Guide. It lists the £20.06 you are currently paying.

eiki
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 39

Go to solution

Tariff Guide for Residential Customers

Page 28

BT Total Broadband & BT Infinity

Please note that a range of packages which include BT Total Broadband or BT Infinity are also available, please see page 42. For the very latest information on BT Total Broadband or BT Infinity visit www.bt.com/btbroadband

BT Total Broadband and BT Infinity offer a choice of options - each comes with an inclusive monthly usage allowance, varying from 10GB to Unlimited (exclusions apply). This is the amount of data you can download or upload each month.

Telephone line rental is payable in addition to BT Total Broadband or BT Infinity rentals.

Monthly Rental Charges – BT Total Broadband Option

Usage Allowance

(Gb)

Minimum Contract Period

(Months)

Rental

(Monthly)

BT Total Broadband Option 1

£20.06 x 3 = £60.18 quarterly rental

Page 10Prices quoted inclusive of VAT (VAT rate 20%) unless otherwise stated

Other Schemes

BT Basic

BT Basic is a social telephony scheme for customers who are in receipt of certain state benefits and who meet set criteria.

Quarterly Rental

BT Basic Rental

£15.30

BT Basic + Broadband

BT Basic + Broadband is a package exclusively for eligible BT Basic customers. There is no minimum contract term associated with the service. BT will provide a Home Hub if required

Option

Monthly Usage Allowance

(Gb)

Quarterly Rental

BT Basic + Broadband

--

£37.50

For BT Basic ‘phone and broadband Option 1 I have been being charged £60.18 plus 15.30 = £75.48 per quarter!! BT Basic and Broadband is offered @ £37.50 per quarter!!

That’s a difference and over charge of £37.98 per quarter.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/assets/downloads/BT_PhoneTariff_Residential.pdf?s_cid...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
eiki
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 39

Go to solution
umpire thank you...It's a shame the others can't reply as you do.
0 Ratings
eiki
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 39

Go to solution

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=27281#table1

BT Infinity 1

Up to 38Mb download speed
Up to 9.5Mb upload speed

20GB
usage

£15 a month
+ your existing line rental
+ £30 Activation Charge
Upgrade now

Plus add BT TV from just £5 a month on top of your BT Broadband or BT Infinity package. You'll get Freeview, catch-up and on-demand. Plus, Extra TV channels and Free BT Sport with BT Infinity.

Get our best ever price for BT Infinity customers with TV Entertainment now £5 a month for 6 months, then £7 a month

--

Note Well – it states “ + your existing line rental

I requested the above and was told I couldn’t have the BT Infinity or BT TV because I am on BT Basic. If I wanted the above I would have to pay the full line rental....my contention is, it states “+ your existing line rental” my BT Basic line rental is my existing line rental!!!

0 Ratings
eiki
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 39

Go to solution

When I go through the rigmarole to upgrade to BT Infinity and BT TV I go right through to the end then it says -

We're sorry...

We can't process this order online. Please call us on 0800 731 0286

When I phoned that number the girl said I can't upgrade to what I want because I am paying BT Basic for my phone.....BUT.......it doesn't state a price for line rental, it states :- "+ your existing line rental"

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 39

Go to solution

This is from the BT Basic leaflet.

http://www.bt.com/includingyou/redesign2012/assets/downloads/BTBasic.pdf

Can I have broadband with BT Basic?

Yes. We recognise the importance of the internet in today’s world and BT Basic has been designed to allow broadband on the line.

You can take any one of the standard BT Broadband only options (BT Basic customers aren’t eligible for the combined Broadband and Calls packages). Choose the package that best meets your needs and your budget. If you do take BT Broadband, we’ll add this to the BT Basic line rental of £15.30 every three months.

This is only my opinion but it appears that you are not able to get a package deal if you are on BT Basic which means all the comparisons you are doing with BT Basic users and BT package users are like comparing apples with oranges.

The reason for BT Broadband packages will be that BT are expecting to make money from the customer using the phone part of the package. As you already get a discount on phone calls this would effect the viability of the package if it was sold to BT Basic users hence the reason BT say you can only get Broadband only options, which cost more than packages. 

It might be that you are cheaper going for a BT broadband package rather than trying to add broadband to your BT Basic.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 39

Go to solution

Surely if you go for a broadband package you need to give up tge very cheap basic line rental for standard line rental of £15.99 a month

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings