Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 31 of 39

Re: Phone and package prices?

Go to solution

So as I see it (just my view of course).

All the normal packages listed for existing customers on the web site are based around combined Broadband & Calls which BT state is not an option for BT Basic customers. That explains why any online order for those services fails at the last hurdle.

BT are not forcing BT Basic customers to pay more for broadband though as they offer the special BT Basic + Broadband package as detailed on page 10 of the tariff guide (well done eiki for spotting that yourself). That offer gives a basic broadband service at a lower price than that normally offered to existing customers (though it's slightly different as it doesn't include any free weekend calls). Well worth getting back in touch with BT and asking about that service. It sounds like when giving previous advice over the phone BT reps failed to mention that package? The other quotes from the document explaining BT Basic also don't seem to make this clear. Note though that Infinity may not be an option on that package.

Could a customer then add BT TV to BT Basic + Broadband?

I certainly haven't read all the documents so don't know the answer to that. I can see why BT wouldn't offer that at a special basic price as it's not deemed an essential service. However, should a BT Basic + Broadband customer be allowed to add that at the normal price? Possibly not if BT would make an overall loss (unless the Govt are subsidising the special basic services?). Also possibly not because the BT Basic + Broadband package requires no fixed minimum term. I guess that's a matter for BT bean counters to decide as long as Ofcom don't have a problem with their decision? Note that without Infinity not all the BT TV options would be available anyway.

eiki
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 39

Go to solution

imjolly...no people don't have to give up BT basic, see BT tariff guide for residential customers

I have been advised to go for

Page 10

BT Basic + Broadband

BT Basic + Broadband is a package exclusively for eligible BT Basic customers. There is no minimum contract term associated with the service. BT will provide a Home Hub if required

Option

Monthly Usage Allowance

(Gb)

Quarterly Rental

BT Basic + Broadband

--

£37.50

As is offered in the BT tarrif guide, and have BT sport via the internet then.........

That is only £12.50 per week for line rental and broadband...great!!!Smiley LOL that will be a saving of £12.66 per week for me.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 39

Go to solution

That is a basic package which is not thetandard package most people are required to have. Had you selected that type of package then you could not have basic line rental. You already found that out

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 34 of 39

Go to solution

As has been previously mentioned by gg30340 contact the Options Team on 0800 800 030 as they should be able to advise you and put you on the contract you want. They are an UK based team if that also helps.

With regards to what you are currently paying are you ignoring excess items that are charged to give a true comparison with what the tariff guide is quoting.

0 Ratings
eiki
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 39

Go to solution

umpire --Thank you for your excellent reply. If BT Infinity and BT TV is'nt available to BT Basic users, then I will go down the route of BT Basic + Broadband Which should get me BT Sport via the internet.

I was never told about BT Basic and Broadband or directed to the Tariff Guide. I asked several times where I could see the broadband charges being charged to BT Basic customers, and no one mentioned the Tariff Guide....I'm not expected to know about it, but BT staff are! 

I think it is very misleading of the ''Upgrade your BT Broadband'' page to state " + your existing line rental"..every other BT page offering package state ' + line rental £15.99'....BT Basic is an existing line rental for those who have it!

I was wondering about the Gov subsidising the BT Basic?? I don't know!

I appreciate that BT have to make a profit, and as I state way back on this thread, All I wanted was BT infinity and BT TV at the same rates as everyone else, I don't want to pay a penny less or a penny more.

Once again thank you for your replies and the time you have given to my queries.

0 Ratings
eiki
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 39

Go to solution

Good morning

This morning I phoned the Options Team. It took 20mins of holding on before I spoke to Mark of the Options Team...The call was 30 mins in total. He said he needed to merge my phone and broadband into one bill, and it takes 24 hours for them to do that, and I have to phone back tomorrow...........

I agreed with the proviso that if I don't get BT Basic + Broadband @ £37.50 as advertised on page 10 of Tariff Guide for Residential Customers I want my accounts back as they were.

He stated that the BT Basic + Broadband package only started last week on the 23.06.14!

He couldn't answer any other question or deal with anything else.

So, we see what happens tomorrow.

0 Ratings
eiki
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 39

Go to solution

Page 10 Prices quoted inclusive of VAT (VAT rate 20%) unless otherwise stated

BT Basic + Broadband

BT Basic + Broadband is a package exclusively for eligible BT Basic customers. There is no minimum contract term associated with the service. BT will provide a Home Hub if required

Option

Monthly Usage Allowance

(Gb)

Quarterly Rental

BT Basic + Broadband

--

£37.50

Just spent 39 mins talking to Fiona at Customer Care.......

She told me that :- The above tariff is only for new users???? I asked could she show me where it states that, as I can't see it anywhere..she couldn't and didn't.......

She told me the Tariff guide for Residental Customers was wrong BUT her manager said I can have the above package, and they would merge my accounts immediately and give me the package. I requested email confirmation...

She said I can Broadband @ £7.40 per month and BT Basic @ £5.10 per month. Total £12.50 per month.

She informed Ken a Manager would phone me tomorrow.

OK, Let's wait and see what happens next...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 39

Go to solution

sounds a very good deal for only £12.50 a month

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
eiki
Aspiring Contributor
Message 39 of 39

Go to solution

Good Afternoon.....I have just been informed my two BT accounts have been merged into one, and I can have the BT Basic & Broadband package as shown in BT Tariff for Residential users, page 10. I can also have BT Sport for free via the internet.

I am a very happy bunny...and I would like to thank all concerned for assisting me via telephone calls, and those who posted on this thread...you all contributed to assisting me............Once again thank you. from a very old lady.Heart luv ya all..  mmwhaaa!! Smiley Wink

This thread can be closed now.

0 Ratings