cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Phone line and broadband ceased

In December 2021 I had a phone line and broadband installed, then in January requested ******** broadband.

All was well until the beginning of Feb when I had a notification from BT that I was leaving and would be charged £326 as an early cancellation fee. I told BT this was a mistake, but last week this fee was taken from my bank account.

On the 24th Feb I received another notification saying I was leaving, but the following morning I rang BT and said it was a mistake again (and requested my money back).

On the 2nd March my services were ceased, and I spent an hour on the phone both on the 2nd and 3rd trying to get it sorted. I've been told there's nothing that can be done as I need to go through the ********options team and start the ordering process again. I was told I'm "passed the point of no return" as somebody has requested to transfer my line. Ridiculous when I know nothing about this.

This team take around 5 working days to reply to an email, so I'm having no luck. I've tried Actionline/Help A Friend but had no response. It's day 4 without any broadband or phone line in the house and this is my last resort for someone to sort this shocking situation out that I've somehow been put in.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Phone line and broadband ceased

Is your complaint that when you arranged to change provider from BT to the other ISP that you were not inside any minimum term with BT and therefore no early termination charges should apply , or that once you realised that the ETC was considerably more than anticipated you wanted to cancel the change , but it went ahead anyway, or at least somehow it resulted in you not having any service from anyone ?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

No, my complaint is that I've never requested a move to any other provider or asked for my service to stop.

I've told BT this twice but for some reason it's been cancelled and I've been charged.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

In your original post you state

In December 2021 I had a phone line and broadband installed, then in January requested ******** broadband, which suggests you ordered broadband from someone other than BT , while already being a BT customer, after all, if you had a line and broadband installed in December who and what were you contacting someone about in January ?,

if you didn’t arrange this , but another company tried to move your BT connection to themselves, it’s called ‘slamming’ , and usually can be stopped, when you receive a communication from the losing provider along the lines of  ‘sorry to see you go , if this is a mistake and you don’t want to leave’ it contains instructions to cancel the migration, did you follow the instructions to the letter, or simply ring ‘normal’ customer services, even if the migration is cancelled, it doesn’t stop the ‘slamming’ company trying again .

Is there something unusual about your address , like a flat within a converted house ?, often it’s not a deliberate act , the company trying to move your connection may have been contacted by someone , but that person gave the wrong address information to the company , that company  then mis identify your service and try to move you, if you cancel it, the person who tried to get service incorrectly using your address may simply try again , using your address again …obviously if you got a second communication, then did you respond to that , or assume it was not required as you had already done that once before ?

Has any unsolicited equipment from another ISP turned up at your address but not in your name  ?

0 Ratings