cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dave909
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Phone line setup but still waiting for fibre for broadband & TV

OK, so we had our slot booked for 8am to 1pm today for all services, phone line, infinity broadband & TV.  This was all supposed to be done between 8am & 1pm.

The engineer turns up, says he only does the phone line side of things as he's not trained to do the fibre side of the install so someone else will be coming out to do that side of things.  So phone line setup & working we are still waiting for the 2nd guy to come out to do the infinity fibre side of things.  This should I assume have been in the same slot yet I'm still waiting and trying to find out what's going on as I've now been in all day and heard nothing back from BT.

Anyone any ideas?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Phone line setup but still waiting for fibre for broadband & TV

Broadband cannot be provided until the phone provision task has been closed off, which is why it needs another task to be raised for someone to go to the cabinet. This should happen automatically once the phone order is closed.

0 Ratings
dave909
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thanks, that explanation makes sense.  But checking online now, things are marked as complete as far as the engineer visit goes.  So I assume either I'm just waiting for someone to go the cabinet to do the infinity broadband of things or everything is marked as complete?.

Either way would this be the same day as every is listed for today yet I've heard nothing back?.  And I'd assume BT would let me know 1 way or another what's happening as otherwise how would I know if there is a problem or not?.  Only indicator is that the hub is still flashing purple which indicates still no broadband connection.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Even if  someone has already been to the cabinet, it can take up to midnight for the service to be activated.

You will get a text from BT when the service has been activated.

The main thing is you are now getting dial tone on your phone.

0 Ratings
dave909
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Thanks again, but would I get notified once the engineer has been to the cabinet and completed the work or simply notified once the service goes live x hours after the visit?.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

You will get notified when the service is live.

0 Ratings
dave909
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Well, just checking now, still no broadband and TV like should have been activated and live by midnight.  Checking order summary online now brings up a generic message:

"We're sorry, there has been a delay with your order.

But don't worry, we're investigating how we can get your order back on track in the background for you. If we need to get in contact with you we will, but in the meantime you can always can keep an eye on your order progress in the timeline below."

Not very happy with this or simply getting a generic message online.  As checking the order progress also details nothing as to the nature of the delay or an expected timescale to resolve it.  

0 Ratings