cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coreservers
Contributor
Message 71 of 99

Re: PlayStation 5 from BT

yeah im waiting for a secure method like BT. aint fighting out there in the wilds with scalpers and rogue deliveries 

0 Ratings
PaulMagleave
Beginner
Message 72 of 99

Hi @SeanD 

I appreciate a week ago you corrected rumours re inaccurate BT PS5 stock. 

Could ask if anything has changes in the last week?

If you can’t share details, any indication if there is hope for us in the coming days would be appreciated.

The communities struggling out there with scalpers and bots, and the bt sales model was so much fairer.

Rumours persist and we live in hope 🙂

Many Thanks

Paul

0 Ratings
Dawnw81
Beginner
Message 73 of 99

Hello, I was just wondering if all BT Customers get a unique code to order a PS5 when they are in stock or if there is something else I need to do?? I have registered my interest also. Desperately on the hunt for one for my Sons birthday and you have no chance of getting one on any other sites because of bots and scalpers. Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 74 of 99

@Dawnw81 log into the desktop version of MyBT website and if they're available there should be a click through to the store with your unique ID

0 Ratings
coreservers
Contributor
Message 75 of 99

nothing showing other than hubs and baby monitors. 
I'm signed up for alerts but was for the 1st release and missed it as didnt get one. 

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 76 of 99

@coreservers they've probably not put them on store yet.  But there could be pre-orders that need fulfilling first. 

0 Ratings
coreservers
Contributor
Message 77 of 99

i get that. and will wait, but companies have got to stop drip feeding small drops. as the scalper bots are easily grabbing everything. yesterday 3 times i had one in a basket went to pay and got sent back, thats the bots re-organising priority.  at least with BT there is some comfort in that you have to have an account and unique code. 

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 78 of 99

@coreservers the BT system is good because only BT Broadband customers can try and order but it all depends on what stock BT get but they do go very quickly.

The biggest issue is how easily the scalpers can get hold of stock from other online retailers. Rumour has it one of the online retailers managed to have most of their stock scalped before it even hit the website because they got in through the back end of the app and people just walked into the physical stores to pick them up!!! 

The majority of retailers genuinely don't seem bothered by who's actually buying their stock

0 Ratings
coreservers
Contributor
Message 79 of 99

A major games retailler, had to issue an apology as 98% of its drop was taken by bots. but i guess its a bit tongue in cheek, they got the money and thats their bottom line. 

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 80 of 99

Good morning @PaulMagleave,

Welcome to the Community.  Sorry to disappoint but I have not heard that we have received new stock or any plans around this but let me see if I can find anything out.

Cheers

Sean