Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rossi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Please help!! No BB since 27th Feb

Hi
Please can you give me a proper service update about my fibre broadband order.
I am supposed to be a customer with BT however, I have been waiting on my order completion since February 27th which was the original activation date.
I can see now that there is an open order on my line which was due to complete yesterday (02/02/2020) but it has not completed and I have no connection. I cannot get any sense out of BT and I need an honest reason as to why my connection has not been completed. I have been waiting nearly a month and a half, the original order was made on the 6th February. I need answers and I cannot get any. Please help me!
The order for fibre was placed directly with openreach by my BT complaint handler and there is no BT reference number to trace. The order lies directly with open reach.
Please please help. I am at my wits end and cannot get answers I am looking for. I suffer with anxiety and depression and this is causing me sleepless nights and problems working.

Thank you
Ross Miller

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Please help!! No BB since 27th Feb

@Rossi 

This is only a customer to customer help forum, the only BT Employees are the moderators, who are only dealing with welfare and vulnerable customer priority escalations at present, due to the large number of outstanding requests, and only a couple of them on duty.

What BT Broadband package did you order, as it could not have been placed directly with Openreach, it would have to be placed via BT Retail, or another provider?

0 Ratings
Rossi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 16

I originally ordered a G Fast connection, but that failed. Apparently the order got 'stuck'. It was then cancelled and re-ordered. Then that failed because no engineer could visit the premises due to the current situation.

My complaint handler 'Ash' a manager in the Leicester office cancelled all orders and raised an order directly with open reach. He could not raise a BT order because of some issue with the Indian call centre being in lock down.

So he raised it with open reach directly and had a completion date of April 2nd.

There is no BT order on my account that is visible, but an open order is on dslchecker.bt.com. At the time the order was placed fibre was available. I previously had 80mb with plusnet.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

I assume the Plusnet connection has now been ceased?

Do you have a working phone line at the moment?

0 Ratings
Rossi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Yes plusnet disconnected on the 27th as expected.

I have a working phone line, that was switched over two weeks ago.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

@Rossi wrote:

Yes plusnet disconnected on the 27th as expected.

I have a working phone line, that was switched over two weeks ago.

In order to find out what services and speed range you could be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results but leave the cabinet and exchange information displayed.

0 Ratings
Rossi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Thats what i've been using.

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateLeft in Jumper  High Low High Low        Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability Date

ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)ADSL Availability DateWBC SOADSL Availability DateLeft in JumperObserved SpeedsG.FastVDSLOther Offerings

Availability Date

Premise environmentStatus

VDSL Range A (Clean)8079201974Waiting listWaiting listYes 
VDSL Range B (Impacted)8078.6201973.2Waiting listWaiting listYes 
G.fast Range A (Clean)3303305044315.8AmberAmber-- 
G.fast Range B (Impacted)330326.95031.9303AmberAmber-- 
FTTP on Demand33030--Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 16--14 to 18AvailableAvailable-- 
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 16Up to 114 to 18AvailableAvailable-- 
ADSL MaxUp to 8--7 to 8AvailableAvailable-- 
WBC Fixed Rate2----AvailableAvailable-- 
Fixed Rate2----Available---- 
Max Observed Downstream Speed (Mbps)--80     
Max Upstream Observed Speed (Mbps)--20     
Observed Date--2020-01-30     
VDSL Multicast------Available---- 
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
G.fast Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapN      
VRIN      
NTEFaceplateN      
Last Test Date06-03-2020      

FTTP is not available.

This PCP has a waiters list for FTTC VDSL and SOGEA VDSL services. You may place an order which will be dealt with in turn.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market B Exchange.

There is an open order on your line which is due to complete by 02-Apr-2020.

For VDSL or G.fast Ranges A and B, the term "Clean" relates to a line which is free from any wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions, and the term "Impacted" relates to a line which may have wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Oct-2013; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.

Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 16

I can see the problem now.

VDSL is not available due to a waiting list, and G.Fast is showing amber, which means that you may be too far away from the cabinet to get a guaranteed connection, and Openreach would need to visit your house to see if it would work.

As there are no visits at the moment, your only option would be to get an ADSL connection which would be 14-18Mbs.

BT have actually been doing that for FTTP orders, but I have not seen them for G.Fast.

Have you actually received your BT Smart Hub 2, as the order was due to close yesterday?

0 Ratings
Rossi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 16

I've had my smart hub since 26th Feb.

When Ash placed the order, there was definitely availability because I checked this after he had placed it. Now it says waiting list.

Seriously this is one thing after another and I am at my wits end.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 16

The Openreach visit would be to change your master socket for an NTE5C with a Mk4 faceplate, as that is needed for G.Fast.

Capture.JPG

What type of master socket do you have at the moment, and have you tried connecting the home hub up to the phone line?

0 Ratings