Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gbarnes
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Please help me pass my thanks on to an employee

Hi there,

I would really appreciate if you could help me pass my thanks on to Joseph from the mobile help team in Swansea, and ensure his manager is aware of the fantastic customer service he provided me with today. Very often businesses of this size don’t care about their customers because they are so well established that they have no fear of losing profits, thus calls to apathetic and unhelpful customer service advisors are endlessly frustrating. But Joseph was so kind and went out of his way to help me during a very difficult time.

I found myself living with the housemate from hell and to cut a very long story short, I had to leave overnight for my own safety and sanity. As the BT internet was in my name, the remaining tenant was not reasonable enough to take over the contract and the temporary accommodation I’m in already has internet, it would have meant having to continue paying for the internet service or pay the cancellation fee, which I simply couldn’t afford after the costs of moving, renting storage etc. 

Joseph was really understanding and empathetic, took the time to listen and went out of his way to help. After talking to the relevant department and explaining my circumstances he was able to get my account closed. It’s a huge weight off my mind, and this act of kindness meant a great deal after what has been one of the most trying and stressful times of my life. 

I’ve been left with a renewed faith in humanity and a lasting positive impression of BT, and will pass my experience on to others. I will also be setting up a new contract with BT as soon as I’m able to get myself back in rented accommodation.

Thanks so much,

Gemma 
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
NeilO
Message 2 of 6

Re: Please help me pass my thanks on to an employee

@Gbarnes Hi Gemma, many thanks for taking the time to make your post today, it's refreshing to see that Joesph treated you with empathy and was able to help you in what sounds like a very trying time.

I've found Joesph's details and will use our internal feedback process to pass on your thank you message, his manager will also see this.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Gbarnes
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Hi, it appears the account hasn’t actually been cancelled by the accounts department. Please could you look into this? 

145D7F5D-8090-4F74-8279-836A3F0BA1D3.jpeg

0 Ratings
Gbarnes
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

I am now in the proceeds of moving and have set up a new contract with BT, but this bill relates to the account that should have been cancelled. 

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

@Gbarnes 

I have asked a moderator to look at this, as it should have been processed as a home move, that would mean that your existing service would move to your new house, and you would not have needed to start a new BT contract.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Gbarnes and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry there's been some confusion with your bill. I'll be happy to take a look at this for you. I'll drop you a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings