cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Diggerhobbit
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Please help - we just want to pay our bill!

Please can anybody help or can a modertaor on here please help us? We're nearly at the end of our tether trying to sort our BT account and billing out and would appreciate any help anybody could provide. We have had countless problems since opening an account with BT in November as new customers and all I want to do is leave to be honest with the amount of stress and worry it is causing. Please can somebody advise or ask a moderator to assist us?

We have two main issues but the primary one is our bill or lack of one (see below)

1) All we want to do is pay but we are getting nowhere. Ever since our account was created, the online page states that we have no products associated with the account. Nobody appears to be able to rectify this (after several calls and even talking to somebody in complaints). We do have products (TV package, phone and broadband and we are using them!). We were supposed to be sent our first online bill on 17 December but it never materialised and no direct debt payment was taken either. We have escalated as far as we can on the telephone and it is apparently being looked into but after repeated calls and emails to a complaints advisor we are still being told that it is being looked into by the relevant department. It is now two months and still no bill, yet we are using the services. We fear receiving a large combined bill if this continues much longer. Our router delivery was delayed as it was out of stock when we first joined so it was re-ordered, not sure if this means an order was cancelled somewhere along the way, could this be the route of the issue?

2) The second issue is our TV package, we came to BT to access BT Sport. We were told we could have it for free with our package (great!). Anyway we can only access it via a mobile phone or laptop. The channel is not set up on our TV - sometimes it is there and asks us to call and subscribe and sometimes it doesnt appear at all. When the channel did appear it has a number to call and subscribe which we did thinking this was the issue but we were transferred countless times and followed the advice given, reset the box etc etc and still nothing). An engineer was sent out and it was concluded it wasnt an issue with our equipment but an issue with something not being activated on our account. We were told the enginner visit would be free (can't check if we have been billed for this or not). We escalated this and eventually received a call from somebody within the complaints department who tried and failed to resolve the issue. We are not on infinity and were told the strength wasn't good enough - however, we can stream Netflix on the tv and also we can watch BT sport via a mobile and laptop connected to the same broadband. I really don't understand it and my gut is telling me it is something to do with our account set up and the fact we have no products associated with the account. We were offered a refund on our initial installation and then finally a discount on our bill - which we can't see or even pay! (see above).

I am sorry for the long winded message but if anyone can advise or ask a modertaor to assist us I would greatly appreciate it. This really is upsetting me greatly.

Thank you all for your time.

Best wishes
Diggerhobbit

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Please help - we just want to pay our bill!

Hi @Diggerhobbit

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry for all the problems you're having and I appreciate the time you have taken to contact us about this.  Can you send us over your details and we'll give you a hand with this from here?

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Diggerhobbit
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Dear @RobbieMac

Thank you so much, that is a relief! I will contact you shortly.

Best wishes

Diggerhobbit

0 Ratings
Diggerhobbit
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Message sent - thanks again @RobbieMac

0 Ratings
Diggerhobbit
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Hi @RobbieMac

I just wondered if there was any update on my bill and BT Sport query? I understand you and your team are incredibly busy but could somebody provide an idea of when we may hear anything? Our bill has appeared on the webpage (not sure if this is work conducted by your team or someone else). Can you update us on this? We're still not able to access BT sport via the TV though. 

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.

Best wishes

Diggerhobbit

0 Ratings