cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

Poor customer service

Go to solution

BT last night showed all they were interested in, was profit.

Like so many others we are trying to reduce our outgoings, and we currently have broadband, anytime phone calls, hd, TV and sports package, we rang up to cancel the sports package and HD, but bt refused saying we are in contract till December 2024.

So we have to continue to find the money pay for these things,

We have been with them for a number of years, which means nothing .

So much for caring for the customer, Profit first.

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: Poor customer service

Go to solution

That doesn't make sense tbh, is it BT tv or Sky you have sport on? BT tv should be flexible & hd is an add on that can be removed anytime as far as I'm aware

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

It's BT tv we have the sports package on. We want to cancel the sport and were happy tokeep the phone and broadband,  but are tied into a contract till December 2024 or pay extortionate exit fees. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

I think you should be able to downgrade the tv but a full cancellation of the tv would likely incur the charges

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

I have spoken to BT , on 3 separate occasions, and been told we are tied into the contract till December 2024.

Any suggestions gratefully recieved. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @Karen1959 and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting about trying to cencel your sports sub etc. I'm really sorry you're having problems getting that sorted. I can help. I'm sure we can sort something out for you so I'll drop you a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

Had the same issue yesterday.

Just received the dreaded price increase letter, called to change the calling plan as don't really use it, only to be told that it would cost me £400 as it would be a breach of contract. 

Wrongly, I assumed it was an add on and could easily change to the PAYG plan at any time ???

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

calling plans are add-on and can be changed  does this link help

https://www.bt.com/landline/manage/#change-your-calling-plan?s_cid=con_FURL_callingplans

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

@imjolly Thanks for the info, yes I mentioned this way of doing it and the advisor said that I would get an automatic charge of £400. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

from a previous post

https://community.bt.com/t5/Archive-Staging/Downgrade-land-line-call-package-to-pay-as-you-go/td-p/2....

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings